GOP Will Shit Itself

mharr

Re: GOP Will Shit Itself

Postby mharr » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Those photos are like advertising for dissociative mental states. Do you think they're aware of being Twilight Zone extras at any level?

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Mongrel wrote:
In totally unconnected news, Goodman has still received zero recognition from the FOP or similar large "law enforcement" orgs - funny how that works, eh?

Blows my mind that they managed to kill a cop and it's spent less time in the news cycle than when a cop falsely accused a McDonald's employee of eating his sandwich
signature

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:02 am

KingRoyal wrote:
Mongrel wrote:
In totally unconnected news, Goodman has still received zero recognition from the FOP or similar large "law enforcement" orgs - funny how that works, eh?

Blows my mind that they managed to kill a cop and it's spent less time in the news cycle than when a cop falsely accused a McDonald's employee of eating his sandwich

If beating and killing cops while literally flying the thin blue line flag doesn't give them a mental record scratch, I doubt anything will.

Various people created it, and Trump may have steered it for a while, but ultimately it's a headless monster, a capital-C Cult with no leader.

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:12 am

Thad

Postby Thad » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Dozens of former Republican officials in talks to form anti-Trump third party

We've been talking about a potential split in the GOP for years and so far it hasn't gone anywhere. I think there are a handful of Republicans in Congress who could switch parties and still get reelected (Romney and Collins, off the top of my head), but they haven't shown any sign of wanting to switch parties, either.

mharr

Postby mharr » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:59 am

Trump needs to run as an independent to trigger that, but if he tries the other Nazis will have him killed and make an endless show of hunting down the liberal antifa terrorists responsible. They can't get off the tiger.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:54 am

I think, looking at the impeachment trial, that the real goal there isn't the nigh-impossible task of actually convicting Trump, it's further deepening existing rifts in the Republican Party.

Seeing the GOP turn its ire towards people with names like Cheney, McCain, and Romney is wild. What's George P Bush up to these days? At this rate he's next.

Bal

Postby Bal » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:31 am

I think the goal is to lose everything they've gained by 2022 so they can go back to being the "opposition" and soaking up money.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm

I always say that Republicans will never ever solve the problem of abortion because if they ever did then the abortion people would stop automatically voting for them.

Now replace "abortion" with "your out of work neighbor now mindblasts himself with weed three times a day, is building a gun collection, and is starting to believe that you're a demon who drinks the blood of children to restore your youth".

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:48 pm

Brentai wrote:I always say that Republicans will never ever solve the problem of abortion because if they ever did then the abortion people would stop automatically voting for them.

...and the only reason the Religious Right is against abortion is because they realized that campaigning against desegregated schools was political suicide.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:45 pm

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Alternate universe headlines:

Decrying "Cancel Culture", Marco Rubio comes out in support of Universal Basic Income

Wailing "Benghazi", Marco Rubio comes out in support of Medicare For All
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Destynova

Postby Destynova » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Büge wrote:

This just begs for a follow up report about how she stabbed herself trying some stupid king-fu shit.

mharr

Postby mharr » Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:50 am

I need to know what they were planning that needed seven crappy plastic lighters.

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:01 pm

‘An all-hands moment’: GOP rallies behind voting limits

It's the AP, so it's not as strong as I'd like it to be (that headline should say "voter suppression"), but I think it still does a pretty effective job of pointing out what's really going on here.

The focus on voting is visible across the conservative movement, even among groups with no clear interest in the voting debate. At a televised town hall in February, leading Christian conservative Tony Perkins fielded several questions about voting before tackling topics on the social issues his Family Research Council typically focuses on.

Perkins answered the question by recalling how voting laws were made stricter in his native Louisiana after a close 1996 Senate race won by Democrats. He noted that the state now votes solidly Republican.

Obviously the GOP's been engaging in voter suppression for generations, but there's an air of real panic about it this time. They know what the stakes are.

Ted Cruz's deranged "they're trying to let murderers and child molesters vote" rhetoric is the sort of thing that probably would have been effective in the past, but I'm not sure that kind of thing still plays. Especially coming from Ted Cruz.

We'll see what happens in the Senate -- whether it dies outright, or whether Manchin and Sinema agree to filibuster reform (and presumably water the bill down before passing it).

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:58 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:52 pm

I try not to make a habit of linking the Daily Beast, but in this case I'll make an exception.

Bombshell Letter: Gaetz Paid for Sex With Minor, Wingman Says
The Daily Beast has obtained a confession letter that Joel Greenberg wrote after asking Roger Stone to help him obtain a pardon.

Popehat wrote:Protip: if Roger Stone asks you to handwritte a confession to a federal crime so he can use it to [get] you a pardon, don’t

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:30 pm

This has nothing to do with anything, but I just want to say how absolutely thrilled I am that "Protip:" has now just replaced "Here's a tip:" almost completely wholesale, forever.

Thanks, Gamepro. And The Cyberdemon.
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:55 pm

how long until people abbreviate it PT

and then how long before Mongrel gives someone a PT tip?