GOP Will Shit Itself

ocksi

Re: GOP Will Shit Itself

Postby ocksi » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 pm

Protesting is not a threat, that is a straight up right-wing talking point.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:26 am

ocksi wrote:Protesting is not a threat, that is a straight up right-wing talking point.

Correct. The fact that they are AT his house isn't really the problem. I was referring specifically to the signs/slogans which (supposedly) went "We know where you sleep". That's kind of unambiguous (if true).

Of course that's clearly not what the cops are on about; they just wanna shut it all down and beat on some libs. Having a different political view is a Hate Crime? Hahaha OMG those fucking shits are seriously gonna try that? Oh, they're cops - of course they are.

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm

Even those signs aren't a threat. Protesters are absolutely correct to let the people protesting know that as long as they are abhorrent, they will be met with resistance. Until they actually threaten violence, or until there's a trend of left wing political violence, it is just some Fox News-ass scaremongering to say they're threatening anything.

Because real threats are explicit or reference the actual violence happening regularly in our country. Real threats are what Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford still faces and it is straight up equivocating bullshit to compare peaceful protests to those actions. It's the same garbage as saying Maxine Waters encouraged violence when she encouraged continued protest: if you equare protest to violence (or threat there of), you are threatening the right to protest.

Get that shit outta here. "We know where you live" means "no justice, no sleep."

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:27 pm

I think we're just kind of arguing over a detail. We both think the protests are in general legit and neither of us is equating "protest" with "violence".

ocksi

Postby ocksi » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:27 pm

You did when you said the people protesting we're threatening though

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:16 pm

ocksi wrote:You did when you said the people protesting we're threatening though

I specified "signs/slogans", which are a single particular detail. It's right there in the post above.

Come on man.

mharr

Postby mharr » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:47 pm

The (if true) part is key, isn't it? There's talk of "Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night." being chanted, but that talk is on sites alongside words like "pampered decadent so-called anti-fascists", and apparently it's the worst they could dig up. The actual protest group meanwhile, has been immediately de-platformed by those companies that took so, so long to do the same to unapologetic Nazis, so that's all a big pile of hmm.gif

If that is a slogan they decided to run with, that's dumb as rocks. Don't hand free ammo to your opposition.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:09 pm

The 'right' makes some judgements about the 'left' tactics that are perfectly reasonable, except when presented in the context of their own rhetoric.

Now can we just post that for every story to come up in this thread before moral semantics makes Noro quit again?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:09 pm

mharr wrote:The (if true) part is key, isn't it? There's talk of "Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night." being chanted, but that talk is on sites alongside words like "pampered decadent so-called anti-fascists", and apparently it's the worst they could dig up. The actual protest group meanwhile, has been immediately de-platformed by those companies that took so, so long to do the same to unapologetic Nazis, so that's all a big pile of hmm.gif

If that is a slogan they decided to run with, that's dumb as rocks. Don't hand free ammo to your opposition.

Yeah, I mean, we don't even know if that shit's completely made up, which it very well could be.

Point is that the standards are of course laughably uneven here. Left wing says the smallest thing and they get trampled by cops (or hunted down and executed one by one by a bunch of self-appointed Judge Dredds, Jesus Christ that story's STILL not mainstream news).

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:29 am

mharr wrote:The (if true) part is key, isn't it? There's talk of "Tucker Carlson, we will fight. We know where you sleep at night." being chanted, but that talk is on sites alongside words like "pampered decadent so-called anti-fascists", and apparently it's the worst they could dig up. The actual protest group meanwhile, has been immediately de-platformed by those companies that took so, so long to do the same to unapologetic Nazis, so that's all a big pile of hmm.gif

The idea of "ammo" is irrelevant. If you present them with nothing, they'll make things up. There's no such thing as optics anymore, when your opposition gets to write whatever they want as the official version.

There's only going hard enough to get results.

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 am

Oh hey, it's tax time of year and Trump's supporters are suddenly realising he's here to hollow out the middle class some more. The various crimes against humanity have been just fine, but now he's costing them disposable income and they've been betrayed.
https://www.alternet.org/2019/02/trump- ... rusted-you

"He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... be-hurting

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:33 pm

Trump just needs to come out and be like "yes, we are asking you for a little bit more, but we're using that money to research drone technology that will seek out and burrow into the brains of brown kids and then explode, worldwide, we're projecting a total cleansing of brown kids by 2050 with current tax plan"

"and don't worry if brown people just have more brown kids to compensate, the drones are self-replicating, we're projecting the total mass of all matter on earth converted to brain-burrow drones by 2052"
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm

"we're going to build a self-replicating brain burrow drone, and mexico is going to be the target and also pay for it in increased tariffs"
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:24 am

mharr wrote:"He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting."

American politics in 2019.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:23 am

This administration has been so quotable (and in the worst way), but damn. Kinda sayin' the quiet part out loud again.
There was nothing left of The Boss's noble will in their struggle. All that remained was hatred - a passion to destroy one another.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:51 pm

Stalin was the original Hamburglar. That's why Reagan's parents named him Ronald.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed May 08, 2019 3:03 am

well golly gosh gee whiz lookee what i found under these couch cushions

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Wed May 08, 2019 5:37 am

Mongrel wrote:

well golly gosh gee whiz lookee what i found under these couch cushions

Don't you see? This is just an example of an average American pulling themselves up by their bootstraps!

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:22 am

mharr

Postby mharr » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:21 am

Apparently one Thomas Hofeller was a mastermind of Republican voter oppression, his estranged daughter has just discovered his death and dumped his computer onto the internet. https://boingboing.net/2020/01/06/gops- ... tmare.html

Family Values!