Feel Good Stories of Good Feeling

KingRoyal

Feel Good Stories of Good Feeling

Postby KingRoyal » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:14 pm

Border patrol radio tower under siege from 300 vultures, which are covering it in feces and urine

The group of vultures, called a kettle, has lived in the tower for six years, Quartz reported. But border patrol officers apparently can’t take it anymore, and they’re hoping that someone will help the agency put some netting around the tower that would keep the vultures out and prevent them from defecating all over it.

In addition to covering the tower in filth the birds are also creating hazardous working conditions, according to Quartz. Workers have reported vultures dropping prey from as high as 300 feet, and vulture vomit can be corrosive, threatening the structural integrity of the tower.

God bless these wonderful birds
signature

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Feel Good Stories of Good Feeling

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:35 pm

Thank you for your service, Vulture Squadron. :salute:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:14 am

Inventor of the Super Soaker finally awarded $73 million in royalties owed to him by Hasbro

"The real bitch was inventing the Super Soaker. Bet they don't even give me credit."

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:12 pm

Church forgives $3 million in medical debt for Davidson County residents

If someone has an outstanding medical bill, after a few months without payment the medical company can hire a debt collection agency. After a certain point without payment, even after traditional debt collection efforts, these companies will sell the debt to a third-party collection agency for pennies on the dollar to recoup some of their loss.

This third party then has the legal right to collect the full amount of the debt or, as in the case of the Debt Jubilee Project, forgive the debt.

The Debt Jubilee Project has partnered with RIP Medical Debt in New York to purchase and forgive medical debts in the area. In the past three months, the campaign raised $15,048 in cash, which was used to purchase nearly $3.3 million in medical debts in Davidson, Davie and Yadkin counties.

In Davidson County, 3,133 people had $2.9 million in debt abolished, approximately $954 per person.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 02, 2023 1:20 pm