Regular-Forum Fervor! Let's Play the Sims 4!

nosimpleway

Re: Regular-Forum Fervor! Let's Play the Sims 4!

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:38 pm

There's some lovingly-rendered hork falling into the toilet here but I'll keep the screenshots zoomed out a bit to spare you.

As much as Tristis loves her toy panda, she's falling behind on some of her skills that aren't Imagination. I buy her some blocks -- looking at the pictures on the sides helps Thinking, and stacking them helps Movement.

Toddlers develop their skills faster with a parent's help.

Well, usually.

You found a frog in the garden and named it after your wife? Rude, man.

Aha, Merle's horticultural experimentation is paying off. Cutting and grafting together strawberries and snapdragons results in the spliced plant producing strawberries, snapdragons, and dragonfruits. Merle plants each one he gets.

With her family asleep and the kiddo in her belly giving her a break, Cassandra finally has a moment's peace to herself.

IRL children tend to eat pretty leisurely, since they're easily distracted. Ingame, the bowl of food given to a toddler empties almost immediately, leaving them stuck in their chair with nothing to do. Cassandra chats with her daughter to keep her amused while she, Cassandra, also finishes eating.

In order to be true to life I have Tristis "Ask Why" nearly constantly from here until age-up.

Even the dedicated family man can be driven crazy by it.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:47 pm

Merle has baked a cake for Tristis's upcoming birthday, but it seems someone has been sneaking a slice here and there.

Given that his wife is just about ready to pop out a new baby Merle quite wisely decides not to press the issue, and simply bakes a new cake.

Which vanishes.

Where the fuck did it go why did a cake disappear

So he bakes another

which vanishes once it's put into storage

The answer is slow to reveal itself. All cakes stack with each other in the fridge, even if they're different cakes. By the time I realize what's going on there's a white cake, a strawberry cake, and two blue confetti cakes stockpiled -- and only one intact enough to hold birthday candles.

Well, that's... that's not great timing...

Cassandra ignores her contractions long enough to help Tristis blow out her birthday candles and age up into a Child.

Which is nice, because...

A family with a toddler and two infants is a bit much. Tristis's burgeoning independence is much appreciated.

Anyway, everyone, meet Raven and Shrike, the new Cormick twins.

Tristis's birthday really is a birth-day, ha ha ha

little dad humor for ya

Tristis is standing by the jukebox here, bitching that she can't see her brother because everyone's in the way. Maybe she wants to share her cake.

Merle's next goal is to have one of his kids get married so no big rush on that one.

"Great party, everyone, thanks for coming! It really was a big day for us all! Now giddafuck out my house."

With the party over with I can hit up build mode and do some expansions.

I copy over a master bath for Merle and Cassandra. A new room is added for Tristis, and all of the various toddler accoutrement are doubled so there's no issue for the twins needing to eat or potty at the same time.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:58 pm

Updated the front page slider, added a banner for this:

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:19 pm

Uh... why? I haven't updated in two months and ngl lie I'd already considered this abandoned. I'm going to have to Deal With Things IRL life before I can successfully LP play again.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 pm

Because we love you and Mothra is cool.

The Romo Adventures one started and ended the first week of March, 2016, and got the banner like a month later.

Grath

Postby Grath » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm

nosimpleway wrote:Uh... why? I haven't updated in two months and ngl lie I'd already considered this abandoned. I'm going to have to Deal With Things IRL life before I can successfully LP play again.

The comic replacement game has been, as far as I can tell, over for three years and it's still got a banner. Also because you're cool and we like you.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:12 pm

I'm never gonna take down the Romo Adventures one because I like that banner. He'll... he'll come back to finish it, I'm sure.

Just putting up banners to direct people to LPs, they don't have to be ongoing. And yeah I liked this one a bunch so I wanted to make a banner for it.