Let's play World of Horror, because that's a welcome change from reality I guess

Grath

Re: Let's play World of Horror, because that's a welcome change from reality I guess

Postby Grath » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:17 pm

Hey kid, can I interest you in some Aka Manto?

François

Re: Let's play World of Horror, because that's a welcome change from reality I guess

Postby François » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 am

Dude's just trying to keep my stress levels elevated on the regular! It's a noble cause!

for real tho fuck that guy

François

Postby François » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:53 am

We all knew this was going to happen eventually, right?

I mean, who expects to go up against elder gods over and over again without being forced to sacrifice a trusting companion on a subterranean seaside altar with a hammer at some point? (He says, having clearly been given the option to run away without staining his hands.)

François

Postby François » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 am

The last time we let Haru have a go at this whole cosmic mystery thing, he got himself well and truly moidered during the fourth investigation. Obviously we already know he's doing better this time, but is victory finally within his grasp, or does he get one step closer to Aiko's failure record?

I don't know why we had to knock over one of Ath-Yolaszth's telescopes instead of the weird spider cocoon egg sac thing I was expecting, but the endgame results screen has the right of it: Cthac-Atorasu is momentarily delayed at long last, and that's indeed all gods down, assuming an obliviously optimistic enough definition of "down".

At first I was convinced my faffing about with the cigarette achievement would eventually spell doom, but no, it turns out we got carried all the way to success on the back of that hammer, and even our old frenemies didn't come close to stopping us.

Aaaaanyway. We'll have something a little different next time, and then I'll be leaving some juice for until after the game's next update. Maybe then we'll have a little less Aka Manto and a little more school scissors and bulletin boards!

Grath

Postby Grath » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:39 pm

Congrats on Hammer Time!

François

Postby François » Mon May 03, 2021 10:17 am

And now, for a fleshbound mortal's share of the infinite glories...

I feel like saying "if I had made better choices I'm pretty sure I could have made it all the way", but that really could have been the motto of this entire series. I didn't even cast any spells, so picking Ath-Yolaszth would have spared me all of Goizo's extra resting penalties. I wasn't even sure we'd get the opportunity to rest at all!

So close, though. And that early Ritual Knife was authentic chef's kiss. Maybe I'll give it another shot some time.

Speaking of time, as mentioned, I'm going on hiatus until the next update. The Steam forums are bitterly divided about whether Panstasz has been abducted and sacrificed by gibbering cultists (in other words, whether he's run away with the early access money) or if he's just perpetually delayed by real life from offering us his next batch of heebie-jeebies, so it seems to be up to the fates on that topic.

At any rate! Thanks for watching so far, folk. This whole deal has been meaning a lot to me in a variety of ways, and it has been, and I believe will likely be again in the future, a source of both joy and courage to have you by my side in spirit.

Or at least I hope that spirit was you, because if it wasn't, I'm probably in real effing trouble.

[FATUOUS FANTASY OF THE FLOUNDERING FRENCH-CANADIAN:
ENDING Z]

---REWARDS FOR SOLVING THIS MYSTERY---
[LINGERING DOUBTS]: it's not over, is it?
[KNOWLEDGE IS KEY]: +30 EXP
[THERE'S STILL HOPE]: -3% DOOM
[TIME PASSES]: +1 DAY

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon May 03, 2021 7:24 pm

Good show. Turn 45 on your first try is great.
ImageImageImage

Grath

Postby Grath » Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Congratumations!

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:57 pm

Still catching up, but, added a front page banner for this:

François

Postby François » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Authentically cyclopean!

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:31 pm

May be time to dust this off sometime soon?

François

Postby François » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Ha, yeah, I literally just saw that. More gods, presumably more playable characters (though I do know I haven't unlocked all of the ones that are already in the game so maybe those are old ones for all I know) and... fighting two enemies at once, goodness. WELCOME TO SHIOKAWA, WHERE BAD THINGS FEEL WONDERFUL.

Dang, I hope I'm not too rusty; I haven't played at all since that last endless run. I still can't imagine playing it without recording, heh. At any rate, here's to watching the naysayers on the Steam forums have a meltdown in the meantime.

And I was just planning my next LP, too. Maybe I can do two at once, that sounds reasonable.

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:39 pm

i've been patiently waiting for this to actually release because i hate playing things in early access

WELL GOOD NEWS

François

Postby François » Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:11 pm

Obviously it comes highly recommended, heh.

I'm super excited about it myself, but I still can't play it without LPing it (I've tried! I can't!), and I haven't had any LP juice in me for... uh... longer than I dare contemplate. One day though, one day.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 pm

High five for the "too tired and burnt out to keep LPing stuff" crew

François

Postby François » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:56 am

the sentiment is entirely appreciated but i can only manage a high three