TNG Episode Tier List

Moderators: Friday, LaserBeing

Friday

TNG Episode Tier List

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:35 am

posting this here so the gaming board gets some love

yes you read that title right

i don't have anymore jokes about my addiction to lists, sorry, you're just going to have to accept that i cannot stop ranking things

unlike what tier I rank them, which you do not have to accept because my opinions are shit and i should feel shit

So yeah. We're going to be going through every single TNG episode, in broadcast order, and ranking it by tier. I recently went through the first two seasons of Star Trek TNG with Brentai, so I believe at this point I have seen every TNG episode.

Keep in mind that these are just my opinions, but as I am better than okay you know how the rest of this joke/sentence goes

Before we get started, let's define what the tiers are and mean.

S Tier: These episodes are the absolute top. They are masterpieces that not only succeed at what they were trying for but actually go beyond and above. The best of the best. Not very many episodes make it here.

A Tier: Very good episodes that completely succeed in what they set out to do. This can just be "having a fun romp" so don't be surprised to see some episodes in this tier that are not, like, you know, deep moral quandaries and how Picard correctly uses his amazing ethics to resolve them while teaching the audience an important lesson.

B Tier: Above average episodes that stand out a bit, but usually have some sort of minor-to-medium flaw that holds them back from greatness. If you're in this tier or better, I consider you part of the reason TNG is so great.

C Tier: The most notable descriptor of this tier would be "forgettable". Some might stand out but have enough problems that I just dumped them here, but overall most of the episodes in this Tier are just "meh".

D Tier: D for Deeply Flawed. Episodes in this Tier have significant problems in either their presentation, their execution, their acting, or their message. This doesn't prevent them from having some value that can be extracted or fun that can be experienced, but overall these are the episodes that most people would call "bad." Because they are.

F Tier: Failures. These episodes are actively terrible for very specific reasons. They fail to entertain even in a bad way. Not many episodes fall into this Tier either, making the distribution more of a bell curve.

Sub Rosa Tier: Sub Rosa. This Tier is not actually below F Tier. I don't know where this Tier falls exactly but it exists and it only has Sub Rosa in it and it is important that the Tier exists. If I was doing all of Trek this Tier would also include Threshold from VOY, and SPACE LINCOLN from TOS. Not the episode. Just the opening scene where Lincoln shows up. In space.

Alright, let's get started shall we? I will be writing a bit about each episode as I go, but probably not much as I have a lot of episodes to get through. I'll spend some more time on the more notable eps, good and bad.
ImageImageImage

beatbandito

Re: TNG Episode Tier List

Postby beatbandito » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:04 am

S Tier: Up The Long Ladder - perfectly accurate representation of Irish people in space

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:48 am

Final note: This thread assumes you know the plot of these episodes. I will not be spending time writing down a synopsis for every entry here.

Encounter at Farpoint: B Tier

The opening and pilot two parter, Encounter at Farpoint is rife with early TNG goofyness but has a pretty solid story (once it gets going after the first 45 minutes spent just meeting everyone) that has Q freezing a dude solid and calling humans a "savage, child-like race." Sets up the overall plot of the entire series, if you can believe it. Also features Drug Soldiers who shoot Drugs out of their mouths when they bark.

The Naked Now: C Tier

This probably should go in D Tier for being a rehash of a TOS episode, being done as the second epsidoe before we even had time to know what everyone acted like when NOT drunk, and for not having barechested Sulu with a sword running around. But for whatever reason, I can't hate this episode. Tasha famously fucks Data in this episode and some of the other interactions are pretty funny amidst all the terrible. Def an example of a C Tier that isn't just a bland, forgettable one.

Code of Honor: F Tier (Bottom)

Well, that didn't take long to hit a land mine. Not only F tier, but the absolute bottom of it. Racist as fuck and horribly written. Physically painful to watch.

The Last Outpost: D Tier

The introduction of the Ferengi back when the writers thought they were going to be the new big bads. Features Riker getting lashed by a laser whip and weird, monkeylike movements by background Ferengi who refuse to get out of the shot, but otherwise boring and poor.

Where No One Has Gone Before: C Tier

The Enterprise is taken to a place where thought becomes reality and somehow the episode still manages to be boring. The introduction of The Traveler. I won't put it in D Tier though because the concept was new and weird for the time.

Lonely Among Us: C Tier

Picard gets possessed by an energy nebula alien, casts Chain Lightning on the bridge crew, and beams himself into space. He then gets into a console and makes it say "P" so Data knows to beam him back onto the ship. Confused, having mostly forgotten what happened, and tired, Picard heads to sick bay. Meanwhile, some delegates have caught, killed, cooked and eaten some other delegates on the ship. This is presented as a joke.

Somehow, despite all of this happening, the episode still manages to be mostly non-entertaining.

Justice: D tier

Picard really wants Wesley to die. The first "Prime Directive" episode in Trek history, this episode explores if it's really okay to let a society execute a child from your society who disobeyed a trivial law because you must respect other cultures. Hint. The answer is no.

The Battle: D Tier

A Ferengi makes Picard hallucinate and almost kills him. Boring and bad.

Hide and Q: B Tier

Q shows up and offers Riker Q powers. Riker, being a mega-chad, says yes. Some weird monsters in civil war costumes stab Worf and Wesley with their bayonets. All around a pretty good time. The final episode where Q is characterized as a straight up malevolent bad guy.

Haven: D Tier

Lwaxana's intro ep. She's a highlight of this episode, as she always is, and immediately starts trying to bone Picard. However even Lwaxana's amazingness cannot save this episode from being a boring slog about Troi's arranged marriage oh god I don't fucking care.

The Big Goodbye: C Tier

The first ever "The Holodeck is malfunctioning!" episode! Yay! It's fine. They beat the bad guys by showing them the door and letting them walk out, which is funny. I can't remember what else happens.

Datalore: A Tier

Our first A Tier introduces series favorite, Data's smarmy and chaotic twin brother Lore. Episode highlights include "Now show me your warrior fierceness" delivered to Worf in the most condescending tone imaginable, Lore shooting Beverly and catching her on fire, and venting Lore into space.

Angel One: F Tier

Ahhh, some good old fashion Roddenberry misogyny, served straight. Roddenberry is infamous for going off in the writers room in this episode. Here, I'll paste the text as it appears on Memory Alpha:

An early story meeting about this episode was attended by Patrick Barry, Gene Roddenberry, and Herbert J. Wright. Wright was wary that the concept of a matriarchal society had been too overdone. "So one of the major issues that we didn't want to do was an Amazon Women kind of thing where the women are six feet tall with steel D cups," he recalled. "I said, 'The hit I want to take on this is apartheid, so that the men are treated as though they are blacks of South Africa. Make it political. Sexual overtones, yes, but political.' Well, that didn't last very long. Everything that Gene got involved with had to have sex in it. It's so perverse that it's hard to believe. The places it was dragged into is absurd. We were talking about how women would react, and Gene was voicing all the right words again, saying, 'Oh, yes, we've got to make sure that women are represented fairly, because, after all, women are probably the superior sex anyway, and it's real important we don't get letters from feminists, because we want to be fair and we don't want to infer that women have to rule by force if they do rule, because men don't have to rule by force.' Very sensible stuff. All of a sudden something kicks in and he changes: 'However, we also don't want to infer that it would be a better society if women ruled.'" His voice becoming increasingly louder, Roddenberry continued that this was because women were untrustworthy, "vicious creatures," which he angrily blurted out in a torrent of hateful verbiage. Concluded Wright, "Then he looks out the window, looks at the outline, and says, 'Okay, on page eight…' and continues like that didn't even happen."

Still not as bad as Code of Honor, though. Seeing Riker in a plunging neckline is the lone spark of light in this ep.

11001001: C Tier (Top)

Some weird computer-like aliens steal the Enterprise and create a woman on the Holodeck called Minuet for Riker to be distracted by and fuck. Not quite B tier but a cut above the rest of C Tier. If this story had been done in later seasons when the early jank had been ironed out, could have been quite a good episode. As it is, the execution is poor and a lot of the episode drags.

Too Short a Season: C Tier

A man invents a way to age backwards and DRINKS ALL OF IT AT ONCE. He dies.

When The Bough Breaks: D Tier

Some aliens need kids to breed with because they've become infertile, so they kidnap Wesley and a bunch of other children from the Enterprise. Wesley organizes Gandhi-like non-violent resistance. It turns out they're all infertile because THEY'VE BECOME TOO RELIANT ON THEIR TECHNOLOGY. Boring and stupid.

Home Soil: C Tier

This episode is like the Ur-example of a boring, forgettable TNG episode. Data dodges some lasers and some sand turns out to be a "microbrain" or some bullshit. It's still better than a lot of other episodes, but it just has a complete lack of punch despite the laser dodging.

Coming of Age: D Tier

This episode probably would be a C Tier except it's all about Wesley. I don't hate Wesley as much as most of the fanbase seems to, and mostly think his jank is a product of early TNG and less his specific character. That said, watching him take exams is boring and stupid and he's fucking annoying. The sub plot is also annoying as some assholes interrogate everyone on the ship. Sets up the penultimate episode of the season.

Heart of Glory: B Tier (bottom)

The first Klingon ep and the episode to introduce a lot of Klingon lore and culture that we all take for granted now. Including the amazing Death Howl. Some Klingon bandits find themselves prisoners on the Enterprise, escape, and ask that Worf either join them in taking over the ship, or give them a glorious death. Worf obliges.

Early TNG jank prevents this episode from being as good as it could have been later. I put it on the bottom of B because while I do think it fits into B I do think it has significant pacing problems.

The Arsenal of Freedom: B Tier

The Enterprise finds a planet that sells weapons that look like golden flying hair dryers. Each time you destroy one, the central core learns and makes a tougher version. All as a demo to get you to buy the core. Eventually Beverly and Picard fall down a pit and as the situation worsens, Beverly just asks Picard "why don't you just fucking agree to buy it?" and so Picard does.

Geordi best captain.

Symbiosis C Tier

Two races on two different planets. One is suffering from a "plague" that the other is a race of smug assholes that manufactures the "medicine". Yes, the twist is very obvious. Another Prime Directive episode. Beverly gets mad at Picard again for wanting to kill Wesley not curing the drug addicts. Sad shot where Tasha waves goodbye to the fans as Picard and Beverly walk out of the room:

Skin of Evil: C Tier

Tasha Yar meets her end in an abrupt manner. I like this episode, actually, but can't justify ranking it higher because of how slow it is. The funeral scene at the end isn't the worst thing. Poor Tasha. We hardly knew thee.

We'll Always Have Paris: D Tier

Picard's first romance episode when an old flame shows up. Incredibly boring to the point where saying "basically nothing happens" would be an apt description. I don't mind character episodes but this one lacks any spark of joy. Most of the episodes in the early seasons suffer from early TNG jank, but I don't know if even doing this during the height of TNG would have saved a script this boring.

Conspiracy: B Tier

Oh no! Weird alien bugs are taking over Starfleet! Despite being weird and goofy, this episode has some amazingly entertaining moments, such as an elderly man roundhouse kicking Riker in the face. Also, the final confrontation with the Alien Bug Queen must be seen the be believed:

The Neutral Zone: D Tier

The re-introduction of the Romulans. Nothing happens. No idea why this one was the finale and not Conspiracy.

Welp, that does it for season 1! Stay tuned!
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:06 am

also that post took me over an hour and i almost accidentally lost it. so i think i'll break up the seasons into multiple posts from now on.
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:15 am

Friday wrote:The Naked Now: C Tier

This probably should go in D Tier for being a rehash of a TOS episode, being done as the second epsidoe before we even had time to know what everyone acted like when NOT drunk, and for not having barechested Sulu with a sword running around. But for whatever reason, I can't hate this episode. Tasha famously fucks Data in this episode and some of the other interactions are pretty funny amidst all the terrible. Def an example of a C Tier that isn't just a bland, forgettable one.

Also the first, and last, time that Troi calls Riker "Bill".

Friday wrote:Lonely Among Us: C Tier

Picard gets possessed by an energy nebula alien, casts Chain Lightning on the bridge crew, and beams himself into space. He then gets into a console and makes it say "P" so Data knows to beam him back onto the ship. Confused, having mostly forgotten what happened, and tired, Picard heads to sick bay. Meanwhile, some delegates have caught, killed, cooked and eaten some other delegates on the ship. This is presented as a joke.

Also the first appearance of journeyman guest star and future DS9 heavy Marc Alaimo! (he plays one of the dog-faced aliens)

Friday wrote:The Big Goodbye: C Tier

The first ever "The Holodeck is malfunctioning!" episode! Yay! It's fine. They beat the bad guys by showing them the door and letting them walk out, which is funny. I can't remember what else happens.

Beverly eats a stick of gum. Sharp-eyed viewers will also recognize Joe Dante go-to guy Dick Miller as the Newspaper Vendor.

Friday wrote:When The Bough Breaks: D Tier

Some aliens need kids to breed with because they've become infertile, so they kidnap Wesley and a bunch of other children from the Enterprise. Wesley organizes Gandhi-like non-violent resistance. It turns out they're all infertile because THEY'VE BECOME TOO RELIANT ON THEIR TECHNOLOGY. Boring and stupid.

The head guy of the aliens will return as Samuel Clemens!

Friday wrote:Symbiosis C Tier

Two races on two different planets. One is suffering from a "plague" that the other is a race of smug assholes that manufactures the "medicine". Yes, the twist is very obvious. Another Prime Directive episode. Beverly gets mad at Picard again for wanting to kill Wesley not curing the drug addicts.

Also starring Merritt Buttrick (RIP) as T'Jon, and a tub of red lentils as the felicium.

Friday wrote:The Neutral Zone: D Tier

The re-introduction of the Romulans. Nothing happens. No idea why this one was the finale and not Conspiracy.

Marc Alaimo returns! As... Romulan... co-captain?

Postby Newbie » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 am

TNG Episode Tier List Thread: A Tier
There's just no denying that any novelty to the tier list has been thoroughly wrung out of this concept, but it remains an overall strong category of thread, and as subject matter goes, rating Trek episodes is hard to beat. TNG highs aren't the same as DS9 highs, and Voyager might be more fun to evaluate in general, but it's a classic for a reason.
tiny text

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:19 am

Has anybody made the Friday Tier List Thread Tier List yet

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:00 pm

Read one post up, Newbie just did. This thread is A tier, and all the other tier lists are, I guess, trash that's not even worth listing.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:06 pm

nosimpleway wrote:Has anybody made the Friday Tier List Thread Tier List yet

no but this is the S Tier
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:07 pm

If a Friday List was a car, you'd drive it using a S-Tiering wheel

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:39 pm

Friday wrote:
nosimpleway wrote:Has anybody made the Friday Tier List Thread Tier List yet

no but this is the S Tier

He needs to update it with all the subsequent ones, including the current.

Also one link is borken!

D:

Büge wrote:If a Friday List was a car, you'd drive it using a S-Tiering wheel

No! Bad R^2!

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 pm

Don't look at me, I can only make jokes if Newbie makes them first.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:38 am

Season 1 overall is the weakest season. It has a few decent eps here and there (and one good one) but the majority of them are just badly paced, badly acted jank. And then two of the worst episodes period.

Season 2 isn't much better.

Season 2 introduces Doctor Katherine Pulaski, an older woman who replaces Crusher while Gates McFadden was on maternity leave for the season. Now, similar to Wesley, I don't hate Pulaski as much as most of the fanbase does, but she does have some serious problems. She was brought in to be the new "Bones" character and as such they had her constantly bickering with Data instead of Spock. However, it just doesn't work. Bones and Spock was the classic Id versus Superego, while Pulaski just comes off as whiny and stupid when she insists Data pronounce his name wrong.

That being said, she does get better as season 2 progresses, and by the end I found myself actually not minding her. I think if she had been given some more seasons to grow, she might have become a character that had some depth and likable qualities. But as it stands she's a janky character in a season/show that's still trying to find its voice.

Overall, most people's opinion of season 2 is about the same as season 1, slightly better, but with Pulaski dragging it down. I don't agree, mostly because I think the overall quality of the episodes is better, and we get our first S Tier episode. But it's still a far cry from TNG's peak seasons.

So, let's get started.

The Child: F Tier (Bottom)

Right off the fucking bat we hit another massive landmine. You thought Angel One had misogyny issues? This is the start of Troi's truly awful "raped by an alien" episodes. And it's the worst one by far. They actually show the alien going into her bed and then up the covers into her vagina while she's asleep. I don't even want to talk about this episode except to say it's just as bad as Code of Honor when it comes to being painful to watch. If you're rewatching the show, do yourself a big favor and skip Code and The Child. They are the worst of the worst and absolutely not worth your time. Sirtis either intentionally phones it in knowing how awful the script was or was on drugs the whole time because her acting is the worst in the series here.

Where Silence Has Lease: C Tier

Another example of a C Tier that isn't forgettable, this is the episode where a Q-like alien with magic powers named Nagilum tortures and kills the crew in order to satisfy their curiosity. Highlights include Worf raving about how there's only one bridge and one Riker when confronted with a recursive illusion that loops on itself. Picard eventually just sets the auto-destruct to get Nagilum to fuck off. Could have been better, but the execution is somewhat poor and it's sort of a depressing episode watching Nagilum pick off crew members one by one while nobody can do anything about it.

Elementary, Dear Data: A Tier

Here we go. Only the second Holodeck episode and the writers knock it out of the park. Watching Data run around with Geordi as Sherlock and Watson will never not make me smile. The sets are pretty good too! Also features the introduction/creation of Moriarty, a sentient self-aware holo-character that takes Pulaski and the ship hostage. In order to get him to agree to release his hostage and the ship, Picard agrees to study a way to get him to exist outside the Holodeck, but then just stuffs him in a fucking hole and forgets about him.

This will have consequences in a far, far later episode.

The Outrageous Okona: D Tier

One of the episodes consistently voted as one of the lowest by aggregated fan polls, Okona is a dumb romp for sure but not without its small rays of charm. It's telling that people tolerate absolute trash like Code and The Child over this fluff as to how our society is full of racist women haters.

Okona is supposed to be Han Solo in Star Trek and fails, but spectacularly. The episode is bad and vastly stupid for sure, but also sort of an amazing train wreck. I actually like the interactions Okona has with Wesley when the pretty boy rogue meets the over-achiever annoying kid and both think the other is a total dumbass.

Loud As A Whisper: C Tier

I am the Anarchy of Lust.

God, I want to rate this episode higher. But it's so bad and boring. But then it has amazing moments and laugh out loud dialog. So I guess I'll put it into C Tier as one of the most uneven episodes in early TNG. At about the halfway mark (the highlight of the episode and Brentai's current av) this episode turns into an afterschool special about ASL and loses me completely. I guess at the time it helped people understand the deaf better, so whatever.

I do give this episode credit for having Riker and Worf repeatedly warn a character that was disregarding danger that the people he wanted to meet with were dangerous murderers be vindicated. Don't set up secret meetings with terrorists and not have any security because you believe in the purity and kindness of the human spirit, kids.

The Schizoid Man: D Tier

A dying scientist downloads himself forcefully into Data so he can live forever and fuck his wife again. Boring and stupid. Scientist being an arrogant asshole who thinks he's better than everyone has already become a tired trope by this point in the show.

Unnatural Selection: D Tier

Pulaski's first episode where she takes the main stage. A plague is making people age super fast and Pulaski is here to tell you that she's dumb enough to break quarantine and infect herself. Less boring than Schizoid man but far more irritating to watch.

A Matter Of Honor:

A Tier.

Also sets up that Klingon women are the dominant gender sexually in Klingon culture.

The Measure Of A Man: S Tier

Here we go. The first heavy hitter of TNG. Explores the nature of AI, the rights of said AI, personhood, people as property, slavery, and the rights of the individual against the power of the state. A bit heavy handed at times, it's not a perfect episode but the themes and ideas it explores were absolutely novel at the time and still resonate today. Has a very good scene with Guinan where she turns on Picard to the idea of Androids as slaves which allows him to win his case. One of the most discussed episodes in Star Trek history.

The idea of Data/Androids as property of Starfleet will make a return in s3e16, "The Offspring", another excellent episode.

Fun fact: This episode's main antagonist shows up in Star Trek: Picard despite being a one-off here. While ST: Picard is a hellscape that cannot be described in mortal words, it shows how impactful this episode was that its characters and themes were brought back up 20 years later.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:13 am

The Dauphin: C Tier

A young love story starring Wesley and a (spoilers) shapeshifting alien. When Wesley finds out the girl that's desperate for his dick can turn into anything she wants, he freaks out and breaks up with her because he is, you know, the dumbest human to have ever existed.

I sort of like this episode. I actually think it's cute. But it's pretty boring and if you don't like Wesley, which is almost a given, you probably won't give a shit. However it also has this scene:

and this scene:

so yeah I enjoy this episode.

Contagion: D Tier

A computer virus is fucking up ships, including the Enterprise. Despite seeing this episode recently, I couldn't remember anything about it until I read the Memory Alpha article and even then I could hardly remember it. Boring and slow and relies on the characters being stupid and not realizing what is very obviously going on. Weirdly, sets up an episode in DS9 with the Iconian portals.

The Royale: D Tier

You'd think an episode about Riker and Worf being trapped in a casino made by aliens to make a 20th century astronaut feel at home after reading his horrible pulp book would be fun, but it's not. The show drags and drags to its inevitable conclusion with no twists of any kind and boring, forgettable NPC characters. A missed opportunity for sure.

Time Squared: D Tier

Again, you'd think an episode where Picard meets a future version of himself from six hours from now whose ship blew up would be interesting and exciting, but nope! Yet another drag. Picard eventually solves the problem by simply just not doing what his future self did and not leaving the ship. Wow. Amazing.

The Icarus Factor: C Tier

Riker's dad shows up to fight his son in the most amazing sport ever devised, anbo-jyutsu, "The ultimate evolution in martial arts".

Meanwhile, Worf is stabbed with red hot pokers right in the nipples.

Silly and fun, but also filled with mostly boring melodrama.

Pen Pals: C Tier

Finally a semi-decent episode about the Prime Directive. A little girl from a dying world accidentally sends a message into space and Data picks up the phone. Is it really in the best interest of the Federation to just let her die? She knows she's going to die and thus Picard reasons her begging for help is a direct plea and obliges, saving her planet and also beaming her to the ship. They resolve the "oh shit we fucked up their society by contaminating it" by Pulaski inventing a new medical procedure that just deletes her memories of the Enterprise. This is brought up exactly one more time where it's handwaved by saying the alien they want to use it on doesn't have the right kind of brain, then forgotten about entirely forever.

Data is sad his friend won't remember him but happy he made one. Awww.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:22 pm

Time Squared does have Picard murdering himself!

Also the comments on that anbo-jystsu video are great.
Since he doesn't like to talk about it with anyone, Will still doesn't realize his father invented a fake sport.

Anytime they make a fake future sport it ends up hilarious (anyone for a game of Pareces Squares?)

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Anytime Worf is called up as head of security to handle some sort of threat of bodily harm, then immediately gets his ass kicked or rendered utterly helpless, take a drink.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 pm

As I believe Red Letter Media put it: Worf, as the strongest member of the crew, needs to get tossed around by every monster-of-the-week. Because it wouldn't be as clear they're a threat if they just smack Pulaski around.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:57 pm

Yeah he's the jobber of TNG. See also: Genos from OPM, Renji from Bleach, ten million more examples
ImageImageImage

Postby Newbie » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:59 pm

nosimpleway wrote:Anytime Worf is called up as head of security to handle some sort of threat of bodily harm, then immediately gets his ass kicked or rendered utterly helpless, take a drink.

The CDC is calling for the recall of this post as a threat to public safety and vector for the spread of alcoholism.

Ugh, posting from work makes it so hard to get snappy responses off before other people have a chance to reply...
tiny text

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:48 pm

Though honestly I think one of the few changes that would universally improve TNG is if instead every alien gets a hit in on Wesley, Not even just the bad ones, all of them. Lwaxana pulling the dress uniform jacket over his head and hockey punching him.

I should add that I also don't really mind Wesley at all. Season 1 he's pretty bad, but he's constantly getting shouted at. And sometimes even killed, so it's made up for. The issue is I knew who Wil Wheaton was as a person before watching TNG.