WEREWOLF 101 (PT)

Moderators: Friday, LaserBeing

Lottel

Re: WEREWOLF 101 (PT)

Postby Lottel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:41 pm

Oh my goodness. I checked the thread multiple times and I guess I didn't see hngkng's post!

That was indeed 4 votes.

Laserbeing was innocent.

It is now nighttime. Have fun and good luck.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 am

Everyone wakes to find Friday torn to shreds.

Friday was Innocent.

Good morning and good luck.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:31 am

Whelp

I imagine this will be another week long day that ends abruptly. To continue laying my thoughts out plainly:

Hngkong and Caithness both changed their votes at the end of the day securing a lynch for what turned out to be an innocent (but one that I also voted for).

Newbie rushes the day along to an end after the votes were secured.

So I would consider the two most likely wolf pairs to be Caithness and Hngkong for obvious reasons, or Newbie and Hngkong for less cliched but still pretty obvious reasons. The most likely candidate from that pool is Hngkong. I also recognize that due to doing the same thing earlier in the day Grath and I are also a good bet for a wolf pair.

Today's a good day for giving our thoughts and reasons before any bold text. Uh, ignoring that first line.

Postby Newbie » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Grath was the first person to put a vote on LaserBeing on Day 2 and never moved that vote after it was placed. It just feels like he's saying "I'm gonna post and stay active but I'm not gonna vote too much to minimize how threatening I seem", but I don't fucking know anymore, because I thought the other wolf was Friday, and that's obviously not true.
tiny text

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:49 pm

I was pretty sure LaserBeing was a wolf... and I was also pretty sure Friday was a wolf, so I'm fucking lost.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:07 am

hngkong and Friday were my wolves. Now the reason I suspected hngkong is dead, but I could easily still see it being him if Grath is his partner. I was honestly expecting him to lynch Grath and was surprised when he picked LaserBeing, though I'm not sure if there was any reasoning behind that expectation.

Postby Newbie » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:14 pm

Hngkong still hasn't posted, but we're not getting anywhere just staring at each other. I was tempted to float a vote, wait for a wolf to pile on, and then immediately change my vote to that person, but this method only works if my first vote is actually for an innocent player--plus, the wolves could synchronize their votes and immediately end the game with just one wrong vote. There's no room for error here.

I want everybody to rank your choices from most-wolflike to least-wolflike. Two of these lists will be bogus lists from wolves, but three lists will be good. Let's look for patterns and see if there's anybody that sticks out.

Here's my list:
1. Grath
2. hngkong
3. beatbandito
4. Caithness
tiny text

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm not sure I'm prepared to do that before hearing from hngkong.

I do find it very interesting that the only player beatbandito doesn't suspect is the one who would be "a good bet for a wolf pair" with himself.

Grath

Postby Grath » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Edit: Pulled the submit trigger early. I have thoughts.

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:53 am

Sorry, real world stuff has basically taken over. Teaching two new curricula is hard, but teaching one of them when every electronic tool you're supposed to use is broken is even harder.

My list:
1. beatbandito
2. Grath
3. Newbie
4. Caithness

Honestly though, it's hard to say. Everyone seems a little suspicious, but the way beat is pushing to have me lynched leads me to believe he's a wolf. I suspected Friday was innocent, and I agree with her suspicion of Grath. Then again, Newbie is also pushing me as a mastermind of a wolf, and has Grath as his top wolf, so it's hard to say.

Am I ready for voting? Not necessarily, but a vote for me would be a vote for the wolves to win.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Okay, as promised

1. Grath
2. beatbandito
3. hngkong
4. Newbie

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:18 pm

I feel like my last post was more descriptive than a numbered list, but I guess if I don't at this point it'll be worse. Still

1) Hngkong
2) Caithness
2) Newbie
3) Grath

there were originally more words here but I'll wait for Grath's list

Grath

Postby Grath » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:07 pm

1. Newbie
2. Hngkong
3. Caithness
4. Beat

Postby Newbie » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:41 am

I have just spent way too much time reading and rereading the thread to make sure I'm not overlooking anything, but I just keep coming back to this:

Grath wrote:Part 2 there was "also it would be stupid to kill Kayma directly after voting for Kayma."

(Oh, but then I'm playing 4D chess to set that up as an alibi.)

Yeah, I do think you've been playing 4D chess to make yourself look innocent. On Day 1, you didn't vote for Kayma until after the person I think is your partner was voting for Romosome. You two then killed Romo that night, and the following day you even lampshaded the tactic:

Grath wrote:
Caithness wrote:Hmm, interesting. If I were a wolf I don't think I would have chosen to kill the living player we came closest to lynching last time.

I know that in previous wolfgames I've gone for aiming to kill/convert the person that was most voted for in an effort to frame people but with this just being wolves I don't know.

And then you did it again when justifying your votes for Caithness: you correctly identified your own reasoning as a wolf while assigning that reasoning to someone else, because obviously no sane wolf would draw attention to the strategies he's employing!

Grath wrote:Here's a second name: Caithness. (Also some suspicion about Friday in the background...)

Reasons:
1) Caithness voted for not-Romo: Wolves probably avoided voting for the same person.
2) Caithness voted for not-Kayma: There's some suspicion on who voted for Kayma, now that Kayma is a dead and confirmed innocent.

You messed up, though. While it's true that reason 1 describes both you and Caithness, your reason 2 doesn't make any sense as written. You said that people who voted for Kayma are suspicious because Kayma wound up being innocent, but Caithness never voted for Kayma. Joked about Kayma and Romosome being the two wolves, yes, but I couldn't find a spot where Caithness actually voted for Kayma... but you did.

I think Friday was right on the money with her guess about the identity of wolf #1, but that still leaves the question of your partner. I think you've stopped trying to protect yourself and are now operating solely to protect the other wolf, and I think you've demonstrated as much with your response to my call for suspect ratings:

• Newbie rated Grath as the most suspicious player
  • Grath rated Newbie as the most suspicious player

• hngkong rated Grath as the second-most suspicious player
  • Grath rated hngkong as the second-most suspicious player

• beatbandito rated Grath as the least suspicious player
  • Grath rated beatbandito as the least suspicious player

You're just mirroring our responses as much as you can. You know you're on the ropes, and so you deliberately held your rankings back until everyone else had posted so you could make your response as neutral as possible.

I'm certain your fellow wolf is either hngkong or beatbandito. I'd like to lay out the reasons I haven't decided between them yet, but it's 3:30 AM here and this post is already long enough; y'all can reread this thread just as well as I can. I won't actually cast my vote for Grath yet for that same reason. Friday demonstrated the danger of voting while drowsy already! Let me know if I've overlooked something obvious. If people have chimed in and I still feel this confident late Sunday or Monday morning, I'll vote for Grath at that time.
tiny text

Grath

Postby Grath » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:09 pm

I rated you the most suspicious because this is your accusation record:
Newbie accusations: Caithness, Kayma, Leeham, Romo [fatal], hngkong, Grath
You've accused literally every surviving player except Beat of being the wolf, and you were the dogpile that killed Romo.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:49 pm

Grath wrote:Edit: Pulled the submit trigger early. I have thoughts.

I'm curious to know what this was.

Grath

Postby Grath » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Caithness wrote:
Grath wrote:Edit: Pulled the submit trigger early. I have thoughts.

I'm curious to know what this was.

I was thinking of posting my list late at night and decided to put more thought into it first, but accidentally hit 'Submit'.

Postby Newbie » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:59 pm

I remain convinced that Grath is a wolf.
tiny text

Grath

Postby Grath » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:41 am

Newbie.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:39 pm

Well, it doesn't look like any new info is going to come. Grath