Friday's Top Ten Anime Waifus/Husbandos

Moderators: Friday, LaserBeing

Silversong

Re: Friday's Top Ten Anime Waifus/Husbandos

Postby Silversong » Thu May 16, 2019 3:42 pm

Friday wrote:8. Alucard/Arikado/Adrian Tepes He's like king prettyboy vampire, at least in my heart (even if Vampire Hunter D is canonically).

King prettyboy vampire is Gackt, who I think technically should also count as anime since he was in that FF7 spinoff as himself and they based Squall on him.

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 16, 2019 3:52 pm

2. Yuki Nagato

Yuki is "robot girl develops emotions" arc done in a way that doesn't make you roll your eyes. Sure, she's in love with Kyon and even rewrites reality itself so she can be together with him but she's always strange and alien. Most "robot girl falls for guy" stories end with the girl basically turning in her robot badge and becoming "normal". Yuki manages to have a character arc that involves learning that knowing the future sucks (she can sync up with her future self to learn information but after a certain amount of time passes she finds that she can't anymore because her future self is refusing to sync), becoming a self-determining sapient free from the commands of the Data Overmind (her alien robot overlord) and living a thousand lifetimes of Kyon not doing his fucking homework while she has to perform the exact same actions over and over and over and over and over and over and

Fuck Haruhi, getting all the Kyon dick to herself. Don't worry Yuki, I'll take you to the library whenever you want and give you my hood and coat when it snows.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 16, 2019 4:07 pm

2. Iroh

Not only is Iroh the best husband but also just one of the best fucking characters in anything ever. It's not often that I can say "this character taught me something" and mean it. Iroh taught me to slow down and enjoy life because what the fuck are you doing if you're not?

Iroh is a badass fire bender who has the ability to both shoot fireballs from his hands and drop lines like "Pride is not the opposite of shame but it's source. True humility is the only antidote to shame." He's all around exactly what I want in a husband: Fat older guy makes me tea every day and then goes to jail and gets fucking jacked
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 pm

1. Rem (Re: Zero)

What's this? For her number one ever anime waifu slot Friday is picking some girl from a recent and mega-popular Isekai who is like everyone's fucking Waifu?

Listen, I have the same "hipster, wants to pick the unpopular girl" gene that you do, okay? Here's the thing though:

Re Zero is actually good, and Rem is actually good. They deserve their popularity. I don't know how many of you have seen Re: Zero, so I'll give a quick rundown on why Rem is amazing.

First off, she's a monstergirl! Yay! She can grow a horn and turn into a berserk killing machine! Always a plus, in my book.

Second, she's a cute maid! I don't even go for that thing but in Rem's case I'll make an exception! Yes it's fucking bait and I fell for it!

Third, she's got a twin sister! I don't know why that makes girls hotter but it does

Fourth, she's got an actual character and an arc and everything! She's brave, loyal, kind, sweet, can grow a huge horn to fuck your vagina with, etc

Anyway in conclusion Subaru is an absolute idiot for turning her down and picking Emelia but whatever she's mine now

Oh Rem get over here so I can be fanatical like a demon. In bed. And also the rest of our lives in which we raise cute girls who will turn on me as they get older but you will always take my side.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 16, 2019 9:05 pm

1. Kamina

You can argue with my top girl(s) all you want, that's fine. Tastes differ.

But you absolutely cannot argue with Kamina.

I'll admit it. I don't like mecha anime in general (though #finalfight is trying to cure me of that) and I didn't really like Gurren Lagann. The plot was boring, I didn't like the supporting cast (with the exception of Viral) and I just don't get off the same way others seem to when a big mech throws a galaxy at another mech. Fei in particular annoyed the shit out of me with his arc, I didn't like how much of an irritating pussy Simon was, and the villains felt weak and throwaway, with the exception of the "Get out of my mech and fucking punch you in the face" Emperor dude.

Kamina made me like the show regardless.

Dude is just... well, I'm sure I don't have to explain it to you. There's a reason he's massively popular. It came down to a really close call between him and Iroh as my top Husbando, but in the end, I realized, Kamina deserves nothing but the top.

I'll always believe in your fiery spirit, aniki. *salutes*
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 pm

0. Mail (Popful Mail)

Mail, from Popful Mail!

Thanks for voting everyone!
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Thu May 16, 2019 11:15 pm

pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 am

Friday wrote:4. Auron

Auron is the fucking best. What a silverfox. Samurai.

His no nonsense demeanor and straight to the point honesty has him spilling every secret in the game within the first few hours. It's just that Tidus refuses to believe any of it and has to be dragged along against his will so Auron can keep his promise to Tidus' drunk dad who turned into a giant monster so Tidus, who isn't real, can kill his dad and save the world.

uh, anyway.

Auron is super hot in an incredible masculine, mysterious yet honest way that few men even dare to dream to possess. You're probably thinking "man, Friday, you said your guy fetish was cowboys what is this samurai trash doing here where are the cowboys" well uh it turns out there aren't many good anime cowboys okay sorry

its okay akira kurosawa taught me that samurai are basically cowboys anywa- *gets hit by train*

mharr

Postby mharr » Fri May 17, 2019 6:13 am

Friday wrote:He's all around exactly what I want in a husband: Fat older guy makes me tea every day and then goes to jail and gets fucking jacked

Literal tea spit-take. I assume someone long term has compiled a 'Best of Friday' in fanzine format, where should I look for that?

Büge

Postby Büge » Fri May 17, 2019 7:10 am

Friday wrote:8. Alucard/Arikado/Adrian Tepes

Well here, have some cosplay.

Friday wrote:

My girlfriend used to get pumped for work in the morning by listening to Satsuki's theme (she's a lawyer).

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri May 17, 2019 8:52 am

mail is just a pale shadow of mink send tweet

Friday

Postby Friday » Fri May 17, 2019 4:18 pm

it's true I'm not even gonna deny it
ImageImageImage