(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Animes

Friday

Re: (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Animes

Postby Friday » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:10 am

episode 2 description

"Nagatoro torments Senpai by threatening to suck his blood like a vampire and by making him play a nipple-finding game"

okay, you win anime. I am now completely invested.
ImageImageImage

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:34 am

Friday wrote:episode 2 description

"Nagatoro torments Senpai by threatening to suck his blood like a vampire and by making him play a nipple-finding game"

okay, you win anime. I am now completely invested.

Hayase correctly locates Naoto’s nipples on her first attempt and assumes Naoto will be too embarrassed to take his turn. When Naoto decides he will try Hayase becomes flustered, declares the game is over and escapes before he can take his turn.

aaaaand divested
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:47 pm

If you want Nagatoro's nipples getting played with too, I promise you there is a litany of doujinshi for that.

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:18 pm

Esperath wrote:
Hayase correctly locates Naoto’s nipples on her first attempt and assumes Naoto will be too embarrassed to take his turn. When Naoto decides he will try Hayase becomes flustered, declares the game is over and escapes before he can take his turn.

aaaaand divested

It's an anime about a girl perpetually bullying a shy guy. If that sounds interesting to you, you'll find it interesting. If you have an innate sense of fairness and justice, you might find it infuriating.

For my part, I'm 100% having both of those reactions.
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Esperath

Postby Esperath » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:42 pm

I actually have no interest in watching it, I'm just challenging Friday's PATENTLY MISLEADING description of The Quest for Nipple
pisa katto

ImageImageImage

pisa katto

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 pm

ImageImageImage

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue May 04, 2021 12:42 am

I got my second covid shot and got super de-duperdey sick and decided to spend that delirious state watching all isekai anime I've been avoiding like the fucking plague:

Full Dive has a pretty fun premise, where an unlovable failure shut-in hikikomori etc etc goes to buy the latest MMO, somehow fucks it up, and instead goes into a rickety ye olde game store and is sold the wrong game. It ends up being essentially Everquest, like, an extremely old, long-forgotten "full dive" game, which uses every part of the VR headset thingie they use, so you feel every single part of the experience. You physically get exhausted running from one location to another, getting hurt actually hurts, "using" an item like an herb is you just eating awful-tasting grass basically. That part gives way pretty quick to like a harem of three stock anime archetypes fighting over the protagonist and I just couldn't make it past the third episode where he is whipped by a pre-teen in dominatrix gear until he pisses and I assume creams himself.

Mushoku Tensei is tip to toe holy shit anime was a mistake. So it starts with a real end-of-his-life might-as-well-die ancient 35-year-old hikkomori, which, rendered in anime style, means he looks like an melting ogre. He straight up chooses to walk into a truck, dying, which reincarnates himself into a fantasy world as a now cum-brained baby to a mother with a huge rack that he immediately starts lusting after. We then see him start growing up until he's about 10, showing him creeping out the maid by stealing her panties etc etc. at which point his constantly-fucking parents hire a 10 year-old magic tutor which his father than pressures him into trying to get into the sack, so we're then treated to this now-45-year-old brained guy in the body of a 10 year old trying to romance another 10 year old. It's real rough stuff folks!!! I bailed after ep 5.

Sword Art Online is unwatchable but I do appreciate how fucking batshit the lore is for this show. Malvado and I plumbed the depths of the wiki and, among our findings: Your soul is transferred into the game via "fucklights" which put you into a realm where time passes at like 500x that of the regular world, the everyone lives like 30 lifetimes. It is later revealed that artificial souls are created by the MMO company and put into the game, where the toil and die, and remember that this is at an incredibly expedited rate so this MMO game company has essentially created a genocide machine, with countless wars occurring every 5 minutes and countless real souls expiring. Another amazing detail is that, at some point in the later seasons, the MMO goes live in the U.S.A. and instantly the world is overrun by bloodthirsty western MMO players who slaughter the innocent denizens of Sword Art Online wholesale. I love the second they opened the floodgates to the U.S. we cannot stop killing everything. Pretty wild.

KonoSuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! is definitely the complete distillation of the isekai genre so it's like as bad as you can imagine. I think the saving grace is the occasional voice actor choice here, they play it fast and loose, but nothing can save this show from being terminally hornt. I made it to the end of ep 2.

That One Time I Got Transformed Into a Slime is generally pretty cute, I think it's just aimed at a much younger audience than me. I'm still slowly watching this off and on. It's not good - the main guy instantly becomes absurdly overpowered - but I dunno it's pleasant enough to have on on one monitor while you do something else.

Ascendance of a Bookworm seems really comfy so far, I like it. Haven't gotten far enough to really make a call yet but it's got me interested enough to keep going.

And the actual winner of Mothra's Isekai Adventure is........ .......... . . ............. .. .......... .. ......

So I'm a Spider, So What?

This show rules, I'm hooked. First, it has a female protag who in her old life was an unlovable failure shut-in hikikomori hag etc etc and her entire classroom explodes in the first FOUR SECONDS OF THE SHOW KILLING EVERYONE and THAT'S IT, they don't waste any more time on that part of the isekai formula, she's a spider within the first 20 seconds of the show. She's basically garbage-tier MMO mob spider who must then survive in this high-level raid dungeon by the skin of her teeth.

For the most part, that's the show, she gets in battles with various monsters in the dungeon and power-levels. I'd say the draw here is that the main character is a delight, both in the dub and sub, and you end up rooting for her as she goes up against certain death again and again. Typically she'll lose half her limbs, and manage to heal by hitting the next level - makes for some pretty fun encounters.

There is also a weird b-story adapted from a later light novel that follows the rest of the students as humans and it's like, :/

Some fun there with a bully girl who came back as a baby dragon which I enjoyed, but then she gets a human form and the character is kinda ruined.

Anyways, plot seems pretty enjoyable for an isekai. It jumps between timelines, the larger story isn't amazing but it's at least keeping me guessing. I wish they'd ditch this human-world stuff and focus on Spide, but, it's not too much of a distraction.

The ending theme rules:

So that and the Bookworm ones are the shows I'm sticking with.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue May 04, 2021 12:56 am

I particularly appreciate the full like 10 seconds of OP time devoted to panning completely around Spide being like

"THIS IS THE SUBJECT OF THIS SHOW, THIS SPIDER, RIGHT HERE"

Also big fan of the fact that the name of this song is

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 04, 2021 3:15 pm

It's kind of hilarious how isekai writers have gravitated to just killing the protag off ASAP and making the isekai world some sort of afterlife with zero explanation at all. Like, they've reduced it to as little preamble as possible while still technically being an isekai, such that they're just writing fantasy (or w/e genre) with a 4th wall breaking genre-aware protag.

In-universe lazy losers would actually make for better characters than the hikikomori losers who are the protags half the time, if they just shed that entirely. Though based on how horrible most of these sound, there's no saving them anyway.

I'm not surprised Spider is turning out to be good, since the protag is the opposite of special and survives by fighting genuinely hard battles as nothing more than an ordinary a mook. That's a way healthier foundation for a protag than the usual lazy fantasy garbage.

pacobird

Postby pacobird » Tue May 04, 2021 4:07 pm

Apparently The Devil is a Part-Timer is getting a second season. I watched the first couple episodes and enjoyed the reverse-isekai where the evil demon king and half-angel hero get sucked into the real world and have to work flipping burgers and manning a call center

anyway, the isekai genre is just eschatology for aging atheist otaku which is why the protagonists always die at the start rather than going through the wardrobe. it's honestly a little sad

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue May 04, 2021 5:04 pm

why can't isekai go the OTHER way, though

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 04, 2021 5:35 pm

I like the implication of the game's code working the way trukks etc. work in WH: They really are just piles of random junk which shouldn't work in any way, but they do because the Orks believe they do.

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Tue May 04, 2021 6:49 pm

I thought the "got hit by a truck" isekai opening was basically a joke at this point, like starting a story with "it was a dark and stormy night".

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue May 04, 2021 7:16 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue May 04, 2021 8:27 pm

I thought Beat just posted a joke image, but no, that's a link to an entire manga about a guy who's entire purpose is to make anime protagonists into anime protagonists by running them over with his truck?

Okay buddy, you got my attention.

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon May 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Record of Lodoss War but Deedlit is an Isekai'd Fujoshi and is constantly trying to get Parn to fuck Woodchuck is 100% an anime I need in my life
ImageImageImage

Niku

Postby Niku » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:11 am

evangelion 3.0+1.0: you can (not) defeat square enix naming conventions is being released a week from friday so i figured i'd finally actually watch the rebuild movies after steadfastedly ignoring them until they were all out. mission accomplished! i did a pandemic rewatch when the series was put on netflix so hey, it's relatively fresh. i'm watching one per weekend in the lead-up starting from last week so that's the first two so far and i'll check out 3.14 evangelipi next week.

that being said, man, rebuild 1 is a waste of fucking time; if you remember the first six episodes of the show, just watch the stinger here and you'll be fine.

rebuild 2 on the other hand is a lot of goddamn fun; i know i'm like a decade late to the party but it's a resident evil 1/final fantasy 7 style remake that is completely aware of what you know is supposed to happen that doesn't pull any punches on preying on that knowledge to mix things up. i'm really excited to see exactly what happens in 3; the first movie covers the first six episodes of the show, but the second one flies all the way up through episode nineteen which means it stands to reason that end of eva/congratulations is gonna be a part of the third one (inasmuch as it is actually following the original plot at this point). i have a feeling four is just gonna be off the map entirely.

it is always jarring to remember just how enthusiastically eva is sold on naked fourteen year olds though.

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:06 pm

my called shot for rebuild 3 was that due to kaworu spending his cameo moments in rebuild 1 and 2 being all enigmatic about meeting shinji again that we were going in for timeloop shenanigans where the rebuilds ended up being sequels to evangelion where everything wrapped back around after third impact

that could still maybe be the case for rebuild 4 but wasn't it here!

rebuild 3 actually slows way back down again and basically covers episodes twenty through twenty four, albeit a completely different variation on what happens. the important plot dumps are there; rei is clones, yui is a robot monster, kaworu is the only one who understands and lifts shinji up, it's just all done in an entirely different metaplot. it passes over most of the "revelations" of the original series in a few sentences, though the middle romance portion is well done. it becomes very much a what-if, "what-if shinji didn't get rescued from turning into lcl for fourteen years" but despite all the intentional obfuscation and new designs it pretty much moves the pieces back into place for 25/26/EoE. i think it's telling that the preview for rebuild 4 is a mass-production-eva fight.

rebuild 3's a real damn pretty movie visually, but it feels a lot less interesting than the "anything can happen" implications of rebuild 2 despite seeming so different and wild with where things have ended up in the opening act. still don't know what the point of mari is other than cornering more fetishes for new figures. excited for rebuild 4 nonetheless! eva is stupid. eva is good.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Niku wrote: "what-if shinji didn't get rescued from turning into lcl for fourteen years"

Parsed this as "id" rather than "LCL", so I was trying to remember the part in the original NGE Evangelion where Shinji's murderous split personality went around blowing shit up

Niku

Postby Niku » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:41 pm

in evangelion 3.0+1.0 you (can) attend therapy space battleship yamato crashes through Endless Evangelion to assault Imaginary Evangelion so they can bring about the Neon Genesis all set to the backdrop of Fourth Impact and Another Impact and Additional Impact happening simultaneously and we don't get Komm Susser Tod but we do get Joy To The World so

all of that is spoilers and literally what happens. it is a simultaneous celebration and refutation and parody of evangelion. this series of movies is such a pure remake that hideaki anno got crippling depression during/after the release of the third movie and spent eight years building up the courage to make another one to deal with His Eternal Albatross. remember that you're disgusting because of what you did to asuka, and also asuka will spend half the runtime topless. one giant naked rei is not enough, how about six billion? did you ever wonder if maybe gendo was just also sad and that if somebody just talked to him he might not destroy humanity to be the ultimate wife guy??

9/10, asuka is a fucking angel-clone who has been keeping her angel side at bay by shoving a tiny anti-angel monolith into her eye and disguising it with an eyepatch and she rips it out and goes apeshit on unit 13 real good shit.

the first portion of this movie honestly deals with my favorite parts of post apocalyptic narratives, just showing how people thrive and come together to help one another survive against improbable odds. it's a good time with good characters, and has a real good ayanami getting Input into being a human throughline and a nice breather before Evangelion happens and after AN EVANGELION RAMS THE FUCKING EIFFEL TOWER INTO A GIANT OTHER-EVANGELION GUN TO KEEP IT FROM FIRING

this is the post-apocalyptic Eva; the post-Trigger Eva.

it's the happy ending these tortured fictional characters finally deserve