(SPOILERS) Infinity War and Beyond (Marvel Thread)

atog

Re: (SPOILERS) Infinity War and Beyond (Marvel Thread)

Postby atog » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:30 pm

mharr wrote:The value of Loki is directly proportional to how hard you wanna bang Tom Hiddleston, which I can't honestly claim as a zero.

yeccch

He's got that greasy mothballed Snape vibe going

(also he killed Baldur! Liek wtf man!)
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Büge

Postby Büge » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:59 am

atog wrote:
mharr wrote:The value of Loki is directly proportional to how hard you wanna bang Tom Hiddleston, which I can't honestly claim as a zero.

yeccch

He's got that greasy mothballed Snape vibe going

(also he killed Baldur! Liek wtf man!)

That's Loki, the character he plays.

This:

is whom people want to bang

Friday

Postby Friday » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:24 pm

I'm not saying I wouldn't bang Tom/Loki, but there are a lot of men I would bang first. I understand the feeling, though, I just assume they feel the same attraction to Tom as I do to NPH or Nathan Fillion.
ImageImageImage

atog

Postby atog » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:45 pm

It's sad that I am so out of touch with modern pop culture I had to google those names to see what they even look like

When you're legit so old and shut-in that you're like *squint squint* *raises bifocals* Oooh, honey, you mean a matinee idol!
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

mharr

Postby mharr » Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:20 pm

Friday wrote:I understand the feeling, though, I just assume they feel the same attraction to Tom as I do to NPH or Nathan Fillion.

Nailed it, if you'll forgive the idiom, to the wall.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:48 am

how am i this excited about one more day: the movie

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:32 am

The GG laugh before the bomb, the "Hello Peter" at the end, the fact that it's not driven by the whims of a recent divorcee who wanted the Spider-man of his youth. It all looks like fun, even if Cumberbatch looks like he's just picking up a paycheck these days
signature

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:43 am

I'm pretty excited that at least some of the rumors are true. And out of everybody they could bring back...well, we already got my first choice at the end of the last movie. Molina is my second, and before this is all done I expect we'll be seeing a few more.

I know Marvel's beaten DC to the punch on pretty much everything, but it's a *little* surprising they even managed to beat them to the punch on introducing the multiverse. Not like DC has a lock on that concept or anything, but the DC multiverse is a whole thing. And I'm still looking forward to seeing Keaton again.

(I mean in Flashpoint, but you know what, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in this movie either.)

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:49 am

DC has started referring to their collection of movies, animated features and other stuff as a "Multiverse" but I think that's just branding because of all the different media they have spinning, and not because of any official direction for their cinematic universe. Though, labeling it all as a "multiverse" and allowing that the Harley Quinn films now take place in a universe separate from the Snyder stuff is probably better in the long run.

It also looks like Marvel is scooping up Sony's Sinister Six plans. Looks like a storm of electricity destroys a police station and the Goblin laugh sounds like Dafoe. My secret hope is for Thomas Haden Church to show up and finally get an actual Sandman story in there somewhere
signature

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am

Yeah, I loved Dafoe but he was used effectively (notwithstanding the shitty costume). Church was perfectly-cast in a lousy film and it'd be great to see more of him.

The guy who really got the short end of the stick, though, was Dylan Baker. Shows up in two movies as Curt Connors, then the Lizard is the main villain in the next movie but bam it's a reboot and the role is recast. Maybe they can work him in, like Billy Dee Williams in Lego Batman.

KingRoyal

Postby KingRoyal » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:32 am

Thad wrote:The guy who really got the short end of the stick, though, was Dylan Baker. Shows up in two movies as Curt Connors, then the Lizard is the main villain in the next movie but bam it's a reboot and the role is recast. Maybe they can work him in, like Billy Dee Williams in Lego Batman.

Always felt like Lizard got the short end of the stick because Doc Ock ended up stealing all of his story beats in Spider-man 2. A friend/mentor to Peter who gets transformed in a tragic lab accident, and has to overcome a malevolent influence in his mind to redeem himself at the end.
signature

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:01 pm

Yeah, that too.

KingRoyal wrote:DC has started referring to their collection of movies, animated features and other stuff as a "Multiverse" but I think that's just branding because of all the different media they have spinning, and not because of any official direction for their cinematic universe. Though, labeling it all as a "multiverse" and allowing that the Harley Quinn films now take place in a universe separate from the Snyder stuff is probably better in the long run.

Yeah, I meant more along the lines of actually acknowledging it in the films, having characters cross over. Which is going to happen in Flashpoint, which has been in the works for years, but somehow Marvel's managed to make Flashpoint before DC.

(The Ezra Miller Flash did have a cameo in the Arrowverse's Crisis on Infinite Earths, but I'm not counting that because it's not a movie, it's a movie character appearing on a TV show. TV's a whole other story; DC's done a lot better there than in the movies.)

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:30 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:39 pm

I've heard nothing good about Eternals. And my reaction to every trailer so far has been "Oh good, they decided to adapt a Kirby comic by making sure there's nothing anywhere that looks remotely like a Kirby comic."

It's too bad. Good cast, good director, and clearly a lot of money went into it.

At least Kirby gets a credit and his family gets a paycheck out of the deal. There are worse things.

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:24 pm

Thad

Postby Thad » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:18 pm

I've seen multiple people say it should have been a trilogy or a miniseries.

So if they made a movie that would have to be twice as long to make sense, then...mission accomplished, I guess?

Niku

Postby Niku » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:08 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:18 pm

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:19 pm

The most implausible thing about Hawkeye is that there are people whose favorite Avenger is Hawkeye.

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Hey!