Hot game deals

Thad

Re: Hot game deals

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:31 pm

Dammit, now I have to figure out if I already own it.

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:02 pm

Steam and Nintendo both have sales on. Mostly the Steam sale has better deals (eg Bravely Default 2 is $30 on Steam and $42 on the Nintendo shop), though I note they've both got the Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection for $15. I've been thinking of picking that up since I've only ever played two of the games (the first Zero and the first ZX). You can turn off that smeary graphical filter, right?

Thad

Postby Thad » Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:42 pm

Microsoft: Join 5 Various Xbox Insider Previews of Classic Games!

We are excited to announce that Xbox Insiders on Windows PC are invited to preview Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, The Elder Scrolls: Arena, and Quake Champions. With the original release of some of these games more than 20 years ago, Bethesda is looking for feedback as they bring them to the Microsoft Store on Windows. We hope you enjoy and thank you for being an Xbox Insider!

Arena and Quake Champions are already free downloads on Steam, but if you don't happen to already have Heretic or those two Hexens, they're available as free downloads right now. Though you're going to have to jump through some hoops, like installing the Xbox Insider Hub app.

They come in DOSbox wrappers but unless they pulled some kind of encryption nonsense you should be able to run them in GZDoom or whatever.

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:20 pm

Guacamelee 2 Complete $6 for Switch.

Also, looks like there's a Mega Man sale on for consoles but not PC. If you've got a PS4 (or 5) the 30th Anniversary Bundle for $30 is probably your most cost-effective choice, depending on how much of it you've already bought piecemeal. (Includes Mega Man 11 plus the Mega Man/X Legacy Collections, but not the Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. Which...is currently full price on PSN, but half-price on Switch and Xbox. This Mega Man sale is weird, y'all.)

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:09 pm

Sony's still got a big sale on, and just added more games to it. Horizon Forbidden West, Gran Turismo 7, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves, Sackboy: A Big Adventure, God of War 2018, Kena, and Spider-Man: Miles Morales are all on sale (via PSN and, for those of us who are more into physical editions, many of them are also on sale at retailers like Target and Best Buy). Yakuza: LAD and Tony Hawk 1&2 are both free if you've got PS Plus.

zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:03 pm

God I love it when game designers know how to write a description.