Stray

Postby Friday » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:27 pm

goty
ImageImageImage

Friday

Re: Stray

Postby Friday » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:00 pm

actual review:

Stray is a game where you play as Lala, (THIS IS CANON THAT THE CAT IN GAME HAS THE SAME NAME AND GENDER AS HER VOICE ACTOR FIGHT ME) an adorable kitty who falls into a dystopian sci-fi story about robots and the horrible mutated monsters that want to consume them, you, and everything else.

The game is sort of an adventure-action hybrid, with segmented sections where you explore areas solving simple physics puzzles, town-like areas where you explore and talk to robots while collecting things to trade for other things to trade for other things you need to progress, and action set pieces where you deal with the aforementioned horrible (but oddly cute) monsters known as the Zurk.

I actually went into this game expecting an experience without a fail state, but no, fuck up and the Zurk will kill you dead. There's even a cheevo for dying nine times. Which I don't have and never will have because I'm not a filthy casul. As you progress through the game the Zurk get progressively less and less cute until you realize holy shit, am I playing a horror game that stars an adorable kitty? Yes, yes you are.

Despite this, the horror aspect never gets too bad, and there's no gore to speak of. The game deals with some pretty morose themes but always keeps it lighthearted by having the constant ability to get into mischief as Lala, the most industrious and intelligent cat in the history of cats.

tl;dr: do you enjoy story-based adventure games with some pretty well made action set pieces? Like horror games? Like cats?

Oh, I want to also point out that the music is very good and that there is a dedicated meow button. It's a fairly short game (the current WR is just over 1 hour) but you'll want to take your time and immerse yourself in this very lovingly crafted, detailed world.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Mon Jul 25, 2022 5:54 pm

there's an actual individual, named, VA for this are you fucking kidding me, that's amazing

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:44 pm

ImageImageImage

atog

Postby atog » Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:59 pm

kitty backpack loadout.png
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole