Brave Soul, Who Fears Not Death

Blossom

Re: Brave Soul, Who Fears Not Death

Postby Blossom » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 am

... such as?

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:19 am

It's been a bit since I looked or cared that much, but the one that still sticks out to me is the fire graphic being replaced by a realistic fire instead of the the distinctive trailing orange wisps indicating burning humanity
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:21 am

If you decided to wait ten years to evaluate every detail of the game stick with the original. If you want to actually play with other people get the remastered.

mharr

Postby mharr » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:11 am

The remaster is the one with viable keyboard and mouse controls, right?

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:21 am

So, I'm here replaying Sekiro from the beginning again because I had fun watching Ziiro play it. To be clear, I didn't beat it, I got to a certain ape that that attacks with his dookie, cut off his head, shat my pants, and then took a break and got distracted by something.

I've heard a lot of people say that this is the "hardest" of any of the Soulslike games... and despite the cruising speed I'm at reclearing a lot of stuff, I'm inclined to agree. Most of my ease through the game is a bit remembering where bad guys are already, knowing you have to throw ceramic shards *at* enemies instead of near them (that's so dumb btw), but most of it is the already built up muscle memory of knowing how to parry.

There's a definite ability to farm out things to make the game easier, of course; the medicine skills, Shadowrush is just near instant death for any single enemy, but it seems to me that the progression curve of this game is based not upon how many souls you have, but your accumulated skill with the combat and (lesser so) stealth system in the game.

And I think that's really cool.
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Bal

Postby Bal » Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:53 pm

Elden Ring is incredible. If anyone didn't already know, play Elden Ring if you've ever even looked at From Software's output with interest. Maybe you wanted to know what all the fuss was about but never got around to it. Well now is the time. This is by far the most accessible game yet due to the open world allowing you to fuck off somewhere else rather than bash down the wall with your head.

I feel like everyone here who is going to has probably already played it, but for archival purposes if nothing else in the, oh god, eight year old thread dedicated to the upcoming release of the third game in the franchise, I just wanted to say it here.

Bloodborne might still be better? Hard to say. Recency bias is strong, but Elden Ring is 100% in the conversation