World War Moink

Thad

Re: World War Moink

Postby Thad » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:01 pm

Wait, are you guys saying there was gameplay footage in there? I thought it was all cutscenes.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:08 pm

No gameplay, but there's not even the faintest trace of modern WWI/II-type elements.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:34 pm

Yeah I mean, the whole trailer was about surging seas of melee soldiers clashing while anime heroes with weapons the size of their torso struck the glowing blue spot on a scorpion tank

Feeling like that might be part of the gameplay

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:51 am

Saw a comment on a German(?) reddbutt thread that kinda gave me hope for the future of VC:
thrae wrote:Looks like Sega saw the numbers from the Steam version of VC and realized the potential they pretty much squandered by ignoring the IP all these years. Now we just gotta hope they'll localize Azure Revolution (and as a bonus bring it to Steam).

Edit: I just realized that a remaster of VC could mean redone cutscenes in HD, maybe even in-engine; the PC only got 720p pre-rendered cutscenes ported over from PS3.

PorchettaM wrote:This looks too far into development to be directly related to the PC sales. Those probably helped too, mind you, but it takes longer than a year to get a dev team together, make a whole new engine, and actually get the game far enough into development that it'll have a widely available demo by February.

So it's mayyybe possible they'd develop a new VC game based on the Steam sales? Especially if this VC1 remake goes well?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:27 pm

The main problem is how they will take it if VC AR is a: A huge success, or b: a flop.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:23 pm

Yep. I don't know if I want it to fail embarrassingly hard or succeed wildly.

I mean, what if it does REALLY REALLY well, and they start just pumping out sequel after sequel of... this?

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:12 am

Every couple of weeks I go back and replay the final two chapters for a couple games to try and finally get the squad completely equipped with the final Royal Weapons (where I'm not using special drops, like the KaR 9(g), the VB PL X3(g) Lance (the accurate-but-low-damage one), Ruhm, or such).

I have just enough regular rifles, lots of lances, and fucking infinity sniper rifles. I have five Shocktroopers to equip and not ONCE has the final Royal submachine gun (the MAGS M30R) dropped. ARGH.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:35 am

Sega just put up a survey about Valkyria Chronices Remastered, that I'd really encourage us all to fill out. It asks at the end what your interest would be in a Valkyria Chronicles 3 translation, and since this goes directly to Sega, this is probably our best shot at showing them there's interest.

http://valkyria.sega.com/vcr/survey/

Rico

Postby Rico » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:29 pm

"Here's where you can write a request for localization/ports of other Valkyria series titles.
We aren't going to pretend that's not why you are filling out this survey ;)"

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Filled that out. Fuck yeah!

This and TF2 are the two game icons I always keep on my desktop even if I don't play them for months.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:34 pm

Azure Revolution will undergo "significant revisions based on fan feedback," in response to the Battle Demo Ver. 1 people got with Valkyria Chronicles Remastered:

• We have received three times the amount of feedback from the Battle Demo Ver. 1.0 demo that we thought it would receive.
  • There were many harsh opinions.
  • The battle system has changed greatly from the demo. Details will be shared on the official website, but it is more RPG-like now.
  • Since the demo battle had action elements that were too intense for an RPG, you couldn’t think through things as you fought, so we’re introducing a new action gauge for both enemies and allies.
  • It’s been changed so that players can optionally stop time when using weapons and magic.
  • Since it bears the Valkyria name, I felt the demand for tactical battles. Specifically since you can put together your unit and fight, so in order to skillfully use your allies, we’re making it possible to customize their thinking. It’s been fixed so that you can give them direct instruction.
  • The party has been upgraded from a maximum of three participants to four participants.
  • Field encounters have also been removed.

Next demo's due to come out at the end of August.

Goes without saying that major changes at this stage of development does not exactly scream "well-realized video game."

Here's some gameplay of what the demo looked like, and holy shit is it bad:

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Valkyria Boobs: Tits Revolution

What a fucking waste.

Blossom

Postby Blossom » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:43 pm

Dare I learn to hope again

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:15 am

Original non-Dynasty Warriors battle system is back!

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:23 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:48 pm

VC4 was released today (!!!!).

My excitement is tempered by the fact that it's still $75, so going to have to wait for a sale. But it seems to be getting very positive reviews and favourable comparisons to the original VC.

Awww yiss.

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:56 pm

I'd probably be diving right into this tonight except for the fact that it uses Denuvo on PC, and consoles have done a wonderful job of convincing me to never purchase games for them while trying to convince me to buy a more powerful version of the console I already have two or less years before the next generation.

So I guess I'll be waiting for the Mothra or Fast Karate seal of approval on this one before ultimately pirating it.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:15 pm

Denuvo?

Man, I legit want to give Sony money for this, but... ewwwwwwwwww... I'd rather not get computer AIDS.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:42 am

Work is overwhelming me right now so I'm going to sit and wait for this to go on sale at a not-insane price before I buy it.