Mein Kraft

Büge

Re: Mein Kraft

Postby Büge » Fri May 20, 2022 4:59 pm

Sharkey wrote:I probably mentioned it before but puppet obsessed dad originally named me Kermit Grover Sharkey. The night I was born he put off driving my mom to the hospital until the Muppet Show was over (it was the one with that Buffalo Springfield song.) Giving me his own name was a last minute compromise/appeal to his fuckin ego when it came time to fill out the birth certificate.

Really? My headcanon was that after the Muppet show, your parents changed the channel and the Star Trek episode "By Any Other Name" was on.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Fri May 20, 2022 7:28 pm

You know what? Connect 4: The Vertical Checkers Game is now playable at the Giant Fucking Hole in the Ground Family Fun Zone.
Because fuck it this is just my life now.

I got you dIaGoNaLlY

I dunno maybe I'll do Battleship or some shit next. Or use that empty space across the river to the north to make a whole ass Risk board why the fuck not. I'm basically just putting off doing anything actually useful in here.

atog

Postby atog » Fri May 20, 2022 8:13 pm

Pretty sneaky, Sith!
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Fri May 20, 2022 8:55 pm

Sharkey wrote:I'm basically just putting off doing anything actually useful in here.

You and I have very, very different ideas of what is useful.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat May 21, 2022 11:02 pm

MotherFUCKER

Anyway, found one of those. Also the server seems to be down?

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Sun May 22, 2022 12:34 am

Sorry, I caused a slight power event. I'm going to take the opportunity to migrate the server back while it is dead anyway. It should be back up in an hour or so.

MarbinDrakon

Postby MarbinDrakon » Sun May 22, 2022 1:06 am

Back up now

atog

Postby atog » Sun May 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Guess we gon on a field trip?

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sun May 22, 2022 4:40 pm

I guess so! I was thinking either we can set a play date to all kill a dragon or I can just, yknow. Kill it. I'd leave her alone but I guess you can't get home without murking a bitch.

Anyway it's about a 1/4 chance but that's the first time I've seen a frame with no eyes in, so if you notice pearls missing from chests it's because I robbed you. I'll replace them once I've unlocked the land of wings and skinny dudes.

atog

Postby atog » Sun May 22, 2022 5:08 pm

Sharkey wrote:I guess so! I was thinking either we can set a play date to all kill a dragon or I can just, yknow. Kill it. I'd leave her alone but I guess you can't get home without murking a bitch.

Anyway it's about a 1/4 chance but that's the first time I've seen a frame with no eyes in, so if you notice pearls missing from chests it's because I robbed you. I'll replace them once I've unlocked the land of wings and skinny dudes.

I can buy more ender pearls and such from the piglin market in the Far Fort. Or make a stair with a closed-off end that's 2 blocks tall in any warped forest - enderbros can't resist a stairway to nowhere and will crowd up at the top of it vwooping and squeeping and you go hamstring them and it rains pearls.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sun May 22, 2022 8:35 pm

That's about what I've been doing in an adhoc way at the Riverside portal house. Just pull one, block the entrance, and let 'em have it. I guess I can try setting up some hunting blinds.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sun May 22, 2022 10:15 pm

the gate stands fuckin ready bro

It's around 880,-950 with a bubblevator to the surface and there's a nether gate in the corresponding place that goes right to the portal room a ways off. Don't know why it keeps unlinking but I'm not a fuckin portal scientist. I gave up and just made a lit path from the current portal because I was tired of the damned thing dropping me in the middle of the woods at night or in a fucking abyss or whatever.

Anyway, the end point happens to be right next to a warped forest that'd be a good place for enderhunting, though once we off the dragon making an enderman farm will become trivially easy. I dunno, do we want to plan a time to do that together or should I just solo her? Fuck it I'mma solo her.

Also, I did not know that about the stairs but it explains so much. I remember years back I had a house in a desert with a spiral staircase and I swear those little fuckers were constantly leaving cactuses on and around the stairs with uncanny precision.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Mon May 23, 2022 7:39 am

she dead

haha nope

Anyway I died a bunch because I have this thing where I have to kill her naked with a shit bow and a bucket of water or else it's cheating. Sometimes I can do it in one go but not today. Got a mess of dragon's breath and also an eggy loking thign.

There's crap diamond gear and punkins and shit for exploring the end in a crate in the portal room. I'll hunt some ghasts for tears if anyone wants to resummon the dragon for giggles or extra portals or whatever.

atog

Postby atog » Mon May 23, 2022 12:22 pm

Looks like you've earned yourself a pair of wings (if you find some!)

There should be some ghast tears at the far fort as well. Extra portals mean a lot easier time finding elytras and dragon heads etc.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Tue May 24, 2022 12:30 am

This shit looks fuckin demented.

And yeah, I'm gonna have to get some more portals open. The first one was absolute garbage, found two cities in hours of searching and only one had a ship. It'll be easier with wings but I don't want to lose them in a void related mishap so soon and I've def had my fill of the demiplane of infinite fucking boredom for a minute. I can't believe they haven't done anything to make the place more interesting after all these years. Anyway, there's a half dozen stacks of pearls and some wizerd froot in the chalet to replace the stuff I took to open the end gate. The eggy loking thign is in the bottom of my giant trash can if anyone has a use for it. Does it have a use? It didn't like ten years ago but I haven't been playing a lot of attention since then.

... also, despite how satisfying it is to click the little lever that drops the checkers out, Connect Four is a stupid fucking game.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Tue May 24, 2022 11:40 pm

Added a Spleaf pit to the playground. There're a bunch of snowballs in the barrels to make it more interesting. The drop isn't lethal, mostly because I didn't feel like digging that far down and placing that much fucking bone meal. Anyway, between the games and all the stupid little puppet guys I've basically turned the back yard between the village and the trash forest into a Chuck E Cheez. Sorry about that.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue May 24, 2022 11:59 pm

Hey, I don't mind having a virtual neighborhood, even if it's on the batshit side of the tracks. I've only ever played on worlds with a different group of friends before this, and their building plans were always "move 10,000 blocks away and build another castle."
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

atog

Postby atog » Wed May 25, 2022 12:51 pm

When Mongrel said there was a Leaf Court, I thought maybe he misunderstood, that it was actually a Spleef Court, a classic Minecraft game of frantically shoveling snow out from under your opponent to make them fall into a pit of lava.

I see now that he had it right. This is one of the best uses of giant dripleaf I can think of, and I certainly didn't when I first saw them. :P

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed May 25, 2022 3:56 pm

It's something I've wanted to do since they were added but I've never had enough convenient bone meal for it. Plays more like light cycles, except you can huck snowballs at your opponent's feet while trying to hem them in. Might also be fun with stacks of eggs, occasionally setting a chicken loose on the court. With more players and a bigger space it'd probably be great for teams. One of the first games I ever made was a crappy Basic light cycles clone I did on a Vic 20 after watching Tron so I've got kind of a soft spot for it.

atog

Postby atog » Wed May 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Do chickens' weight push down the leaves? that could be an insidious way to ring your enemy in, surround them with an army of heavy hens