Mein Kraft

Sharkey

Re: Mein Kraft

Postby Sharkey » Sat May 14, 2022 3:54 am

I left a TNT dropper running for like a week and it looks like unless anyone was doing a lot of their own TNT mining in and around the Giant Fucking Hole then falling TNT entities do some fun sideways shit when on the edge of loaded areas.

atog

Postby atog » Sat May 14, 2022 6:04 pm

It's not a hideous unsightly hole in the ground. It's a downwardly-positive monument
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Tue May 17, 2022 7:18 pm

Oh wow, three pieces of ancient debris at 0 7 -300, down in the walls of the blaze farm tunnel. I don't have my diamond pick handy (I've lost too many to stupid stuff to just carry one around, so I leave it at home unless I really need it), but I'm putting the coords here for any who might want to claim it.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

atog

Postby atog » Wed May 18, 2022 3:22 am

Yoji wrote:Oh wow, three pieces of ancient debris at 0 7 -300, down in the walls of the blaze farm tunnel. I don't have my diamond pick handy (I've lost too many to stupid stuff to just carry one around, so I leave it at home unless I really need it), but I'm putting the coords here for any who might want to claim it.

Done and it's been smelted and added to the 5 I had at the Far Fort for a grand total of 8 netherite scrap (you need 9 to make an ingot though).

Rediscovering Paradise Part II: Fungus Amogus Edition

Sailed northwest of spawn to find the Mushroom Island I stumbled upon before my pc packed up and shit the bed.

Found a sea temple at about -250 -915 or thereabouts.

There's a little chain of Mushroom Islands northwest of spawn. Starting at about -300 -1100, there's 3 islands stretching north-northwest towards another sea temple that's RIGHT under the edge of the northwesternmost island. The centre island is the largest, and also has a sizable Lush cave underneath it. I setup a shack under a mushroom and got most of the way down to the floor of the lush cave (follow the cobblestone).

Debating on whether to put a portal on the centre island, or wait to survey which of the 2 Sea temples nearby is the better for us to try and harness, and put the portal closer to that.

If anyone wants to try their hand at making a Smurf village, feel free to take one of the islands (the farthest one will probably give you mining fatigue cause it's too close to the sea goobers).

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Wed May 18, 2022 8:18 am

The Giant Fucking Hole in the Ground Family Fun Zone now features playable Checkers, Chess, and Go boards because I have lost my goddamn mind. I'll probably make the Go board bigger when I feel like massacring a shitload more trees but the drugs are wearing off and I can hear fucking birds outside. There is also birthday party hosting and a petting zoo.

Edit: Also be sure to check out Broken Household Appliance National Forest. It's the woods, but with trash in it!
(and also a Grandaddy song)

Grath

Postby Grath » Wed May 18, 2022 6:23 pm

atog wrote:
Yoji wrote:Oh wow, three pieces of ancient debris at 0 7 -300, down in the walls of the blaze farm tunnel. I don't have my diamond pick handy (I've lost too many to stupid stuff to just carry one around, so I leave it at home unless I really need it), but I'm putting the coords here for any who might want to claim it.

Done and it's been smelted and added to the 5 I had at the Far Fort for a grand total of 8 netherite scrap (you need 9 to make an ingot though).

Rediscovering Paradise Part II: Fungus Amogus Edition

Sailed northwest of spawn to find the Mushroom Island I stumbled upon before my pc packed up and shit the bed.

Found a sea temple at about -250 -915 or thereabouts.

There's a little chain of Mushroom Islands northwest of spawn. Starting at about -300 -1100, there's 3 islands stretching north-northwest towards another sea temple that's RIGHT under the edge of the northwesternmost island. The centre island is the largest, and also has a sizable Lush cave underneath it. I setup a shack under a mushroom and got most of the way down to the floor of the lush cave (follow the cobblestone).

Debating on whether to put a portal on the centre island, or wait to survey which of the 2 Sea temples nearby is the better for us to try and harness, and put the portal closer to that.

If anyone wants to try their hand at making a Smurf village, feel free to take one of the islands (the farthest one will probably give you mining fatigue cause it's too close to the sea goobers).

Netherite ingots are 4 scrap + 4 gold ingots, so that's actually two netherite worth of scrap.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 19, 2022 3:11 am

Embracing my new trash based lifestyle

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 19, 2022 3:15 am

When I was a kid, Oscar was always my favourite character on Sesame Street, and by a large margin. I wasn't even cranky then!

Sometimes I wonder how true this was and is for other people.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 19, 2022 3:32 am

Without a single doubt. I'm pretty sure I imprinted on that shit.

I probably mentioned it before but puppet obsessed dad originally named me Kermit Grover Sharkey. The night I was born he put off driving my mom to the hospital until the Muppet Show was over (it was the one with that Buffalo Springfield song.) Giving me his own name was a last minute compromise/appeal to his fuckin ego when it came time to fill out the birth certificate.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 19, 2022 3:53 am

Damn, that would have been a hell of an appropriately carnie name too.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 19, 2022 3:55 am

Oh man, Oscar's Basement Of Holding was the coolest shit.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu May 19, 2022 11:45 am

Not to get incredibly off-topic or anything but if he wanted to name you after a Muppet you could have been Achilles Sharkey.

atog

Postby atog » Thu May 19, 2022 12:32 pm

Oscar was our spirit animal. He taught me everything I needed to know about housekeeping, friendship, and material culture. (It's all trash.)

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Thu May 19, 2022 8:22 pm

Stupid. Ludicrous. Absolutely fucking daft. I don't even like Go very much. It's just one more thing Chinese grandmas can kick my ass at.

Anyway I'd be impressed if they named me after that shark fifteen years before it appeared.

atog

Postby atog » Thu May 19, 2022 9:02 pm

That said, you may have built the one thing that would convince Mongrel to get off his duff and update his client and y'know, play. (He's a modestly big Go nerd and ishi critic.)

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu May 19, 2022 9:06 pm

Well, was.

I wonder just how horrible I'd be after 25 years.

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Fri May 20, 2022 3:34 pm

Excited for the giant Connect 4 using concrete sand and Chinese Checkers using, uh, triangles

Lottel

Postby Lottel » Fri May 20, 2022 3:34 pm

I'm sure the giant game of Operation will take some time

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Not if you use a player as the patient. >___>

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri May 20, 2022 3:39 pm

That said, no way would I bet money against someone having already redstone-coded an actual working Operation game in Minecraft.