Xanathar’s Guide to Cleavin’ a Goblin Clean in Twain (D&D)

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: Xanathar’s Guide to Cleavin’ a Goblin Clean in Twain (D&D)

Postby Mongrel » Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:27 am

Defenestration wrote:Oh, and the bravado filled, completely inexperienced and foolish teenage Tarot tradition mage that was so incredibly recklessly eager to draw to summon a completely random spirit for the purpose of solving any problem in front of him it even gave Murdoch pause

"BORTLES!"

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:43 pm

In the next game I want to play a diviner who can't "tell the future" so much as "hear the diagetic music and sound effects that no one else can".

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:44 pm

"There are bugbears sneaking up on us. I can hear the clarinet that matches their footfalls."

Bal

Postby Bal » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:26 am

Defenestration wrote:Oh, and the bravado filled, completely inexperienced and foolish teenage Tarot tradition mage that was so incredibly recklessly eager to draw to summon a completely random spirit for the purpose of solving any problem in front of him it even gave Murdoch pause

Disgust, and a self interested desire to be well clear of your inevitable demise.

Z%rø

Postby Z%rø » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:41 pm

I got to have my character from Defenstration's campaign guest star in another one, and in the process watch Mothra make a serious tactical error that got him killed. I had to scrape him up off the ground.

Once my character returned to his own game, in an act of hubris I basically replicated the tactical error. Because that could never happen to me.

Wheels

Postby Wheels » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:09 am

"haha, my squishy caster with an unusually high AC of 19, I'm ACTUALLY IMMORTAL! What are you going to do, Wheels? This shitty warrior cannot harm me."

"Superiority dice to precision. Superiority Dice to trip attack. You are now prone. Action Surge." *reaches for more dice*

It's okay though, Mothra one upped you in the same game by having his character there, a completely different one that should have more sense than the first, *literally asking for it*
Una salus victis nullam sperare salutem

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:46 am

Literally slapping my own ass, asking, "what're ya gonna do? What're ya gonna do? Kill me??"

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:51 am

Anyone know of any decent tile-based video game map-makers one could use for Roll20 maps?

Been kicking around the idea of using Warcraft II map maker or something, then screencapping it and fitting it to the grid.

Mapmaker.org is decent, but not amazing.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:57 pm

I am reminded that in Ankh-Morpork, walking into the Mended Drum and announcing your name as "Vincent the Invulnerable" is ruled as a suicide.

Do not taunt your DM.

Smiler
Imperisaurus Rex

Postby Smiler » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:02 pm

I've been playing in a campaign with Patito, Stush, and a few other people. Both Patito and Stush are playing as monks, which means everything we fight ends up stunned or frightened (Patito is playing some sort of death monk or something I dunno) while I'm playing as a huge asshole fighter who is either destroying anything that is stunned, or I'm just tripping everything that isn't. Today we fought a bunch of barbarians and a manticore, which was super fun since I have winged boots. The dumb asshole manticore was having a lot of fun shooting spikes at me, so I just flew up to it and fucking knocked it out of the sky. All it took was one turn to make it try to run away, which led to me hucking a fucking handaxe at it and killing it. If I hadn't killed it with the damage from using trip attack on it, the damage from falling a second time would have.

I feel bad for Patito since his plan was to catch up to it and use a potion of flying to grapple it out of the sky like a goddamn hero, but it turns out my winning combo of action boost, a halberd, and trip attack beat him to it.

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:35 am

Er, guys? Did anyone know D&D has inspired a professional larp theme park, up and running in the space year 2019? Evermore Park

tanfasticanna wrote:Characters give you quests and when you finish quests they give you a tarot card with the characters on it

The town functions as a real-time story with a plot and everybody has backstory and movie-quality makeup and shit

http://tanfasticanna.tumblr.com/post/18 ... ere-should

mharr

Postby mharr » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 am

Also, this: