Postby beatbandito » Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:41 am

Kishi

Re: #Tell Friday

Postby Kishi » Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:13 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:03 pm

hello friends

As most of you have probably surmised at this point, things are going poorly for your old pal Friday.

I will hold back telling you the deets because honestly revisiting them isn't in my wheelhouse right now. But let's just say something bad happened, and I was indisposed for a time because of it.

I absolutely refuse to drag anyone down with me, and the whole story would require like ten trigger warnings.

Mental Health isn't a sprint, it's a marathon, and I hit my point where I simply broke down on the road. There was no single or specific inciting event. Remember, marathon. Events both personal and global have combined to make my mind crumble. My anxiety was so bad that simple tasks had become impossible. Innocuous changes in my life were met with sheer terror. My logical mind is intact, mostly, but, well. This doesn't have anything to do with logic.

Imagine a sheer steel wall. My rational mind tries to claw at it, to find purchase, to start chipping away at it. But my fingers slide off over and over. I can't grasp the problem with rationality because the problem itself is irrational. So I'm left here shivering in the cold.

One thing that really, really sucks is that the internet itself is my enemy. Everywhere I go is yet more news of the world coming to an end. Even here, even #finalfight. You guys post the news and the news is always, always bad. I'm not blaming you for it, of course. You're not doing anything wrong. But I cannot "filter it out" if I'm online. It's impossible. I have been trying. It's actually no meme everywhere. It's so ubiquitous that you probably don't even notice it.

And I can't handle it. I don't even really get angry anymore. It just makes me fall into despair. This isn't normal of course and it speaks to my mental state. Imagine a giant, raw, throbbing wound. That's me. Even the slightest "Trump ate paper" hee haw story hurts immensely.

I don't like talking about this stuff to my friends because it just makes you all sad and doesn't really help me. But know that you all have been a bastion of relief and joy and love for me. I love you all. This thread made me smile and laugh and that's very precious to me. Please continue to post stupid memes and Ramona and hot girls/birds kabedoning each other here. I will check this thread every so often while I recover and also let you know I'm still here.

This isn't goodbye. I plan on coming back when I am able. But it might be goodbye for quite a long time. I cannot put a timeframe on myself in this matter.

In the meantime, please know that you're all the greatest people in the world and I love you and I will miss you.

Take care.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Sorry you're going through this but sounds like you know what you need to do to make it not as bad. Keep on taking care of yourself.

Lady

Postby Lady » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:21 pm

just set this thread as your internet homepage and disable all other links.

<3 keep taking care of yourself, Friday. We'll be here for you when you're ready.

Brentai
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brentai » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:22 pm

Just remember that, canonically, we had to get through a bunch of chemical wars and Fucking Green before we could get to a world where a blind guy could teach an android how to paint.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:23 pm

I might post a bit more later (moi?), but for now my reactions were me blurting out loud "Oh my god, thank goodness." on seeing you posted, followed by an absolutely intense desire to hug you to bits.

Lady wrote:just set this thread as your internet homepage

This is good.

Kishi

Postby Kishi » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:28 pm

It's a relief to hear from you. I'm sorry to hear you're way down, but I more than get it. My thoughts are with you. ♥

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:33 pm

We all love you Friday. There hasn't been a day on IRC where I and others didn't say that we hoped you were safe.

come watch me play Kazuya sometime he schnasty

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:45 pm

I'm glad you're alive, but sad that your soul aches so deeply, Friday. Please take all the time you need, and know that we love you.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:59 pm

Sorry you're going through it, Fri. Much love from us, as always. Take what time you need.

atog

Postby atog » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:04 pm

Not very good at emotions so have a fire rescue kitten angrily suckling vengeance formula (sound on):

Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Romosome

Postby Romosome » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:29 pm

also you should check in on Fridays because get it friday friday gotta get down on friday

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:40 pm

Newest Olympic event just dropped

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:41 am

Upthorn

Postby Upthorn » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:09 am

Friday wrote:As most of you have probably surmised at this point, things are going poorly for your old pal Friday.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I'd been pretty hopeful this unannounced absence had been because your mom dragged you to Hawaii in your sleep again.

Glad that you're still here. I am glad that you're doing what you need to do for your health and safety. If you wanted to try to maintain a minimal level of contact, I do think you could trust that this particular thread, at least, won't have news & politics leaking in.

Also, please enjoy this video from Lady, which somehow failed to make its way to this thread yet:
How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:22 am

Love you Fri, hope it gets easier soon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb4nvpKJA64

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:19 pm

He's a video of what my brain does when I try to come up with something helpful to say

so please enjoy this video of a cute duck