Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Re: #Tell Friday

Postby Mongrel » Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:55 pm

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:06 am

This is one of these best of these I've seen so far.

Lady

Postby Lady » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:12 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:07 pm

Oro valley, if any AZ folks are curious.

Büge

Postby Büge » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:12 pm

atog

Postby atog » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:56 pm

Charles Kittens - A Tale of Too (Many) Kitties
Placeholder for something witty that doesn't make me sound like an asshole

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 am

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:38 am

This isn't a one-off either. Apparently this particular interspecies partnership occurs somewhat regularly!

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:50 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:05 pm

YOU PET
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Sun Jun 12, 2022 6:06 pm

And yeah I've known about the badger/coyote team ups for awhile now. It's rad to the max and a good example of how cool and thinky animals are.
ImageImageImage

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:04 pm

Friday

Postby Friday » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:52 am

ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:09 pm

top comment: interviewer was coked out of his mind

get in loser we're doing heresy

the morality of the white moderate.jpg
ImageImageImage

Lady

Postby Lady » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:17 pm

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:35 pm

(It's from some garbador mobile game called I shit you not "War of the Visions Final Fantasy Brave Exvius")

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:10 am

Friday wrote:Image

I thought that was the same episode where they couldn't quite put their finger on what seemed so familiar about radio DJ "the Slicer", but I looked it up and I appear to have combined two different episodes in my head.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:18 am

I'll be honest, if it were me? I'd hire him for a few reasons, and not just because it's the 80s and I'm a mid-level corpo exec and am therefore 99% likely to be coked out of my mind and having some sort of hallucination.

1. Despite clearly being some sort of sports loving vigilante, he took the time to dress up nice. That says a lot about how he wants to present himself and who he is, on the inside. Showing you care about how you look and the impression you make on others speaks volumes about who you are as a person.

2. If I don't hire him, he might kill me and throw my body out the window. I feel like such a sheep in here.

3. Unless he's a hallucination. In which case I lose nothing by hiring him. So it's all about minimizing risk. Let's break this down:

3a: He is a hallucination. I hire him. He reports to HR but as he exists only inside my own drug addled mind, they cannot see him. Unless of course they are ALSO coked out of their minds and having hallucinations. We will examine this possibility further in a moment, but for now:
3b. He is a hallucination. I do not hire him. He becomes violent and threatens my life. He may begin beating me with a hockey stick or a 4 iron. Now, the physical damage may be entirely within my mind, but what my mind thinks is real becomes real. In a desperate attempt to escape, I throw myself out the window. I am killed as if he HAD been real.
3c. He is not a hallucination. I hire him. He reports to HR and as he exists in a actual physical space, they can see him. Of course they are also probably coked out of their minds and will just assume he is a hallucination. So they will also probably just pass him off to someone else. Either way, not my problem anymore.
3d. He is not a hallucination. I do not hire him. He becomes violent and threatens my life. He may begin beating me etc and I am thrown out the window. The autopsy shows massive amounts of cocaine in my system and no further investigation is performed, leaving my murderer free to continue on his mission.

So I think the answer is clear. Two of the options presented to me most likely result in my death and both involve choosing not to hire him. However we are not quite done:

3a.2: The HR guy is also coked out of his mind and having hallucinations. However his hallucinations may not be of the same thing I am hallucinating, so at this point the logic becomes muddy. If he DOES happen to be having the exact same hallucination as me (a sports-loving vigilante in a suit and hockey mask) then he will probably make the same choice I did, to hire him. However if they are having some sort of other hallucination, like maybe the entire floor is lizard people and someone was giving these goddamn animals alcohol, we might have a problem. But I think it's clear the choice is still fairly self-evident on my part, to avoid going out the window.

We are, of course, also ignoring that I might be working for the Shredder. Am I, a mid-level coked out corpo exec, even aware of this? It's possible. I might have stumbled on the CEO and the CFO discussing their shadow boss in the bathroom. At this point I believe that the Turtles and the Shredder are common knowledge in the city. But really is giving all the profit that the company makes to a guy trying to get enough money to bring a fully repaired and operational spherical battle-mech to the surface so that he may pilot it to destroy the city and also the Turtles really any more damaging to the economy and world at large than just the run-of-the-mill capitalism practices that corporations of this size and disposition typically engage in? Probably not. In fact bringing a battle-mech online and to the surface that is piloted by an alien from Dimension X and his Ninja domestic partner would probably result in LESS damage to the world and economy than simply using the money to union bust and enslave brown people in other countries and also this country with the extra added step of having racist laws and arresting them first.

So yeah I think the choice is clear. Assuming the HR guys are not having the lizard-people hallucination again. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.
ImageImageImage

Thad

Postby Thad » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:48 am

wait is his tie on backwards

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:03 am

Okay after examining the available footage in the clip I think we can all agree on two points.

1. The mid-level corpo exec is absolutely aware that he works for the Shredder and an alien from Dimension X. Everyone at the company must be due to the overwhelming prevalence of decor and weapons on the walls. It is unclear if he is brainwashed or merely coked out of his mind. Either would respond to a man taking out a bat and slamming it on his desk with hiring.

2. At first I thought that the tie being weird was an animation error. But no, it's clear from the footage that Casey actually cut out a chunk of his tie so that his shoulder strap would cover it better. I can't tell if it's backwards or not though.
ImageImageImage