HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Sharkey

Re: HOW WAS YOUR DAY

Postby Sharkey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:25 pm

Oh so I guess a lady got eaten by a shark back home. My bro is still out there lobstering and I guess he saw it off Cow island but it's like... Whatever, don't be in the water looking like a seal I guess. Meanwhile my neice is all

I don't know, this year is just beyond fucking weird. On the plus side the last couple nights have been comparatively free of spicy cop air so that's nice.

Sharkey

Postby Sharkey » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:32 pm

oh shit I think my brother is a wereshark

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:57 pm

Sharkey wrote:oh shit I think my brother is a wereshark

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:34 pm

nah man he's just a little sharkey

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:43 pm

A day and a half after that dumb video BB posted...

Me: Man, I could actually go for some chocolate mint something. Maybe we should get some sometime?

Starr: WE ARE GOING TO THE GROCERY STORE RIGHT NOW.

Friday

Postby Friday » Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:40 pm

do not fuck with a woman who wants her choco-mint
ImageImageImage

Büge

Postby Büge » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:26 pm

>is eating a bowl of chocolate mint ice cream right now

mharr

Postby mharr » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:36 pm

Tansy wishes to thank everyone involved for reminding us that choco-mint is a thing and we should buy more of it

hngkong

Postby hngkong » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:40 am

I woke up this morning to an email saying that Youtube deleted my playlist named Favorites because it violated community guidelines. The ENTIRE playlist is gone. Why couldn't they have just removed whatever video they took offense to, I have no idea. It's not even like it contained any videos I created, so why remove it?

JD

Postby JD » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:03 am

YouTube playlists have always been unreliable. At some point they stopped showing the video titles of deleted videos in playlists, so you just had to guess or google the video URL to try and work out what it used to be. A lot of my favorites were deleted this way over the years due to copyright, and it's mystery just working what was deleted.

You basically have to keep local bookmarks and copies of everything you want to keep.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:33 pm

That sort of shit is why to this day I still make sure I get mp3s of all my music and just listen locally instead of using a playlist service. Never trust a site to stay up or save your shit - malice or even incompetence isn't even required. The internet is just a very impermanent place.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sun Aug 16, 2020 3:38 pm

And people look at me funny when I say I still use CDs. At least those things aren't going to grow wings and fly away.

Though I must admit, I've been thinking on and off about upgrading to an MP3 player if I could ever remember to sit down and shop for one.
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

Büge

Postby Büge » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:43 pm

watch out for CD rot, though.

Thad

Postby Thad » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:50 am

Yoji wrote:And people look at me funny when I say I still use CDs. At least those things aren't going to grow wings and fly away.

Though I must admit, I've been thinking on and off about upgrading to an MP3 player if I could ever remember to sit down and shop for one.

I've got a FiiO X1. It gets the job done. And when I turn it on the splash screen says "Born for music and happy".

beatbandito

Postby beatbandito » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:59 am

last month I uploaded all the mp3s from cds I ripped in high school, or downloaded from napster, limewire, kazaa, and that one anime/rpg mp3 site (that I'm pretty sure died a decade ago [but if it didn't lmk]) off my Zune.

Like five years ago I learned that all the cds from that era I had put in sleeves inside a zipped storage unit were mostly damaged beyond being able to be read while in storage.

Caithness

Postby Caithness » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:13 pm

Galbadia Hotel?

IGNORE ME
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby IGNORE ME » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:19 pm

If you're thinking of the one that inexplicably manages to avoid all takedowns by just sitting there and being such a generically unassuming early-2000s fanpage that bots just don't know what to do with it, yeah, that's still around and updating.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:02 pm

I had a very weird sort of musical format transition in that I went straight from cassettes to mp3s and literally never owned a CD player.

Mongrel

Postby Mongrel » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:43 pm

I am now on my FIFTH failed attempt to order a replacement battery for my motorbike since late July. My battery has specs which are very common and many bikes use batteries with an identical size and capacity.

One I cancelled myself, because it was Amazon and the seller was an asshole. Another seller cancelled before ordering. One gang of assholes sent me a completely different battery, which - based on its manufacturing date - may have been sitting idle on a shelf for over a year. And twice I've placed orders for totally different batteries (both type and brand) from separate websites which were clearly listed as being In Stock, only for the seller to reply several days later telling me the battery I'd ordered was out of stock indefinitely.

What the FUCK.

Okay, Covid is fucking with supply chains. Okay shit's taking longer than usual. But FUCKING COME ON.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Mongrel wrote:What the FUCK.

Okay, Covid is fucking with supply chains. Okay shit's taking longer than usual. But FUCKING COME ON.

Delivery fuckery seems to be a hot thing these days:

I hate when I think "I need to do something," get up to do it, and forget what I was doing as I'm going to do this. This can happen in a span of time as short as simply crossing a room. Then I need to retrace my own thoughts like the world's most boring detective.

"What was I... okay... Franz, crows, magic hat, kintsugi pots... what was I thinking between the magic hat and kintsugi? Something about the hardware store? Or something else I needed to- SLOPPY MACARONS"
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts