In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

nosimpleway

Re: In the Land of Wonderful Dreams

Postby nosimpleway » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:12 pm

I mean, good job on them.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:45 am

I was working in an office, sharing a small desk with a large woman and we kept tripping over each other. I looked around at the other people working and remembered the pandemic. I think before there had been maybe 3 other people, but when I stood up and counted there were 23 people in the room, and no masks.

"Why aren't I wearing a mask?" I said aloud. "I always wear a mask, unless I'm asleep. Am I asleep?" But no one confirmed this so I figured I wasn't. I got up and left the room.

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:08 pm

Had a weird dream where I got a new apartment with some friends in the city. We were on the 6th floor of a building, which was next to another big building that had 5 floors and some destroyed ruins of a sixth floor, directly connected to it. My brain definitely grabbed this Daniel Danger pic from my memory, took the roof off, made it bigger, and just textured the thing:

So we all decided to build this semi-shoddy 4-story building out of wood, on top of that neighboring building. We could just walk out our door onto the other building’s roof (our new building-on-a-building). It had stairs and rooms and everything. It looks like a building from the 40’s that has never been maintained.

Later in the dream, I decide to paint it. Something weird goes wrong with the paint, like I combined it with water or something? I fuck up painting a door frame, and decide that I will put the building on fire to get rid of it.

My roommate suggests we sell it to the landlord, at which point I realize he’s going to get pissed about this massive building on their property. I panic a bit, picturing like, us demolishing it, but not having anywhere to put the busted-up pieces. I think I thought hiring a dumpster would be too expensive. We decided to go forward with setting the fire “because the wind will blow the ashes away”, this is my rationale in-dream.

A B-story involved a disgraced Alex Jones being the friend of a different roommate, and when I’m setting the fire, I find out he’s been living and broadcasting out of the top floor of this building I made. He doesn’t notice me and I just leave him to be consumed by fire rather than tell him. The decision was made like, half and half, “man I don’t want to get into a whole thing with Alex Jones” and “fuck this guy, whatever”.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:29 am

I saw a glittering geode-like cavern this morning. Huge, at least a mile in diameter, and roughly spherical, with tiers of waterfalls quietly pouring into pools. They all emptied into a large, glowing lake rimmed with a narrow cliff around half of its perimeter. It was actually kind of hard to see big parts of the cave thanks to a dark fog hovering in the dome, but the parts I could see were an enchanting seafoam blue.

At some point, I turned around and looked behind. The whole thing seemed to be contained in a relatively thin shell, around which was what looked like a small beach town. I didn't pay the town too much mind, mostly because the purple sky was shimmering like tinsel and I couldn't take my eyes off of it.

I didn't do much with this scene, thanks in equal parts dream haze and my son jumping into my bed like a rude jungle cat.
... well, except I did imagine some OCs making out in one of the pools later
Image: Mention something from KPCC or Rachel Maddow
Image: Go on about Homeworld for X posts

fanboymaster

Postby fanboymaster » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:09 pm

I got covered in bees.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:29 pm

I figure that any dream that ends with Guitarwolf busting out of your car to start trashing ghosts and vampires and such while Let's Kick Ass All Night plays must be a pretty good one.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:34 pm

I'm not sure I've ever felt blissfully happy in a dream before.

Some tall, square pillar topped with a garden about the size of my back yard. and angular Grassy patches broken up with angular streams of glittering water, deep enough to swim in. It was weird that Adora was fishing there for some reason, but I was just happy to be there.

Didn't last, though. The area around the garden was dark, monochrome, and filled with weird and anxiety-inducing stuff. Tall grey structures stretching into the sky around me. A twisted sine-wave rainbow around a colorless lake. A field filled with strange stoney objects. Subliminal sounds that were somehow more seen than heard.

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:56 pm

"I am actually... a vampire!"
me: "Oh, cool, I've never met a vampire before. Just that felt one from Sesame Street."
"He doesn't count!"
me: "Are you kidding that's basically all he does."
"..."
"..."
"Dad jokes won't save you now!" *bites*

Mothra
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Mothra » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:06 pm

I'm at my patent's house circa 2002, before we installed the above-ground pool. There is just this big empty spot where the pool will eventually be in the back yard. Apparently that was the time my brain decided to do a memory scan.

Because the bathroom is being worked on, the toilet is outside, at the exact treeline where the back yard of the woods. It's all hooked up and functional.

3am happens, and I must poop.

I wander in the dim light of the moon to the toilet, start doing my business. The toilet faces away from the woods. I think, "man I hope no wolves attack me right now". Three wolves immediately emerge from the woods, right around me, they attack.

I pull up my pants and run, but they have me surrounded. I start making loud sounds at them while I run. We make it to the front of the property, I push one away.

My brain says, "wolves are a custom class, don't lose your opportunity to become one!" and I thus set about trying to recruit one, which involves talking to it. I go to make the sounds, and my brain, sensing it has reached a checkmate, wakes me up.

Mongrel
Location: There's winners and there's losers // And I'm south of that line

Postby Mongrel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:22 pm

lololol

poifect

François

Postby François » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:44 pm

I dreamt that there was a new pandemic going on. It was basically the same as covid, except that the only way to avoid it was to go a stranger's house for thirty minutes every day and touch all their stuff. Just... open all the drawers and fondle whatever's in there. Go to the bathroom, rub the soaps and shampoo bottles. Different random stranger every time.

You know, I think I'm actually fine with isolation.

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:08 pm

"Hypnagogic hallucinations." That's what my therapist says what I have is called. It's when I've finally just about fallen asleep but whoops now I'm awake and seeing people and things by my bed that aren't there and I'm screaming and screaming in terror and sometimes running out into the hallway with my heart beating fit to burst.

I'm tired of it.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:40 pm

3am happens, and I must poop.

I wander in the dim light of the moon to the toilet, start doing my business. The toilet faces away from the woods. I think, "man I hope no wolves attack me right now". Three wolves immediately emerge from the woods, right around me, they attack.

I pull up my pants and run, but they have me surrounded. I start making loud sounds at them while I run. We make it to the front of the property, I push one away.

My brain says, "wolves are a custom class, don't lose your opportunity to become one!" and I thus set about trying to recruit one, which involves talking to it.

this is the funniest thing I've read in like 3 years

good show, Mothra

I dreamt that there was a new pandemic going on. It was basically the same as covid, except that the only way to avoid it was to go a stranger's house for thirty minutes every day and touch all their stuff. Just... open all the drawers and fondle whatever's in there. Go to the bathroom, rub the soaps and shampoo bottles. Different random stranger every time.

You know, I think I'm actually fine with isolation.

I've had some "actually another pandemic, and here's the new fucked up rules" dreams too, but nothing ever this crazy.

"Hypnagogic hallucinations." That's what my therapist says what I have is called. It's when I've finally just about fallen asleep but whoops now I'm awake and seeing people and things by my bed that aren't there and I'm screaming and screaming in terror and sometimes running out into the hallway with my heart beating fit to burst.

:(

This sounds very similar to night terrors, where you see the shadow person standing right next to your bed. But night terrors usually paralyze you.

Anyway I hope you get better soon, Silver.
ImageImageImage

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:10 pm

Anyway, I came to this thread to post my own bullshit:

I'm a freelance assassin living on the Big Island. (Hawaii.) While watching Magnum P.I. reruns, a mysterious caller informs me I am to pick up my next assignment at a payphone. I drive to the payphone and find that I am being paid to NOT kill a certain Very Orange Person as he is moving to Honolulu the next day.

"Fuck that," I say, and throw the money and briefcase into the ocean.

I return to my apartment and gather my equipment. This includes: A generic silenced pistol like in the movies, a grappling hook, and a t-shirt with a rainbow unicorn on it. I go to the airport and get on a plane to Oahu. The plane gets lost en-route and it takes 3 hours to island hop. In compensation, they play an in-flight movie, Air Bud 4. The plot involves Air Bud and Godzilla teaming up to win a championship game against the Russians.

We land and I go to a local bar and ask around if anyone knows if there's a new guy in town. A drunk man informs me that "the man you're looking for landed 20 minutes ago, he's going to his high rise apartment now. Do not touch the bells." He then laughs, melts into a puddle, and I am forced to clean up the mess by the bartender who is annoyed by the slime everywhere.

I finish pouring the man down the toilet and go outside. I find some highrises and use my grappling hook to scale them. A couple is watching TV and sees me scaling past the window, I realize I'm not wearing my disguise. But then also that they won't be able to recognize me because I'm covered in slime. Thanks, drunk guy who melted who I am now wearing!

I finish the climb and get on the roof. Feeling disgusting, I wash myself off at a nearby artificial waterfall. A cute girl in a bikini who is lounging nearby offers me a drink with a little umbrella in it.

I'm going to quote what I said exactly.

"Do not tempt me, cute island girl. I must complete my mission."

She looks sad and I leave her behind.

I begin jumping from one roof to another. I almost slip and fall several times. There's a long sequence where I am evading a guard in the air conditioner maze.

Finally I arrive at my target. He's standing on a little raised balcony on the building across from me. There's a rooftop pool beneath him. It's very pretty and I am momentarily jealous he has such a crystal clean beautiful pool.

I put a bullet into his head, and three more into his chest. He falls into the pool. I aim down and put another bullet into his head.

Immediately sirens go off. I'm already scaling down the building. The cute girl from earlier sticks her head over the side and yells "Did you get Cersei also?!"

I get to street level and walk quickly to my car. I drive to the airport, where a longtime friend of mine is just arriving. I pick him up and explain that we have to go to Maui.

"But you live on the Big Island," he says.

"They'll be looking for me there," I explain. "I have another apartment on Maui I keep as a safehouse."

We get on a plane and fly to Maui. Again, the plane gets "lost in the clouds" and we are forced to watch the same movie, Air Bud 4, again. But this time the plot is different. Air Bud is in space, and the entire movie is a dog POV as he solves a mystery involving an alien intruder who hides inside the crew.

I ask a flight attendant if they have multiple versions of the same movie. "We just got this one in," she informs me. My friend tells me that at this point, most in-flight movies are Air Bud 4, but all have varying plots, writers, and directors. His favorite is the one where Air Bud plays hockey against the Space Jam aliens.

We land and Agents (tm) are waiting for us at security. I avoid them by creating a distraction by informing everyone that there is a sale at JC Penney. The resulting stampede allows us to slip by.

We go to long term parking and get in my old truck that broke down and I sold for parts back in 2010. It's a fucking piece of shit and won't start. I curse at it enough to get it started and we take off. My friend informs me that his flight back to the mainland is at 7am the following morning. The roads are flooded and I make several wrong turns. We end up on a dark road in "the school zone" which looks like a Silent Hill themed nightmare world with haunted elementary schools on either side of the road. The engine keeps stalling out because of the flooding. My friend asks me if we can go to the beach.

"I'm looking for Pineapple street," I tell him, knowing that it bisects the island and leads to the opposite side, where my apartment is.

I finally find the street but I remembered the name wrong. It's Konolo street. I pull onto it, finally out of the flooded roads and the cursed "school zone." My friend asks me if I got Cersei too.

"I was fucking busy," I tell him.

"Now no one can save King's Landing," he bemoans softly.

I wake up.
ImageImageImage

Brantly B.
Woah Dangsaurus

Postby Brantly B. » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:19 pm

My friend tells me that at this point, most in-flight movies are Air Bud 4, but all have varying plots, writers, and directors.

I regret to inform you that this is technically not in my power.

Friday

Postby Friday » Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:26 pm

I'd like to take a moment and do this publicly, since it's important to know what your subconscious is doing as it influences your waking life. I've never done this before (in public) but it's something I do a lot because I feel you can learn about yourself more this way, and learning about yourself is how you improve yourself.

Analyzing dreams and their meaning is something I've been doing for a long time. I refrain from analyzing the dreams of others; for one, I don't know their inner workings like I do my own, and also it usually just upsets people, regardless of if my interpretation is correct or not.

Anyway, I like to check in on my subconscious mind, because dreams are absolutely one way it communicates with the conscious mind. Most people think of dream-interpretation as this weirdo Freudian thing where everything is a symbol. Fuck that shit. I'm not saying symbolism isn't possible in dreams, but Freudian dream analysis is pretty fucking stupid in my opinion and besides a lot of his stupid shit has been debunked. Not everything is about penises and the only person suffering from Penis Envy was fucking Freud himself.

So first of all we have the setting. Hawaii. That's just my very real wish that I lived there because Hawaii rules. Then we have me watching Magnum P.I. reruns, which is both "Hawaii rules" and also my desire to go back to my childhood (when the show aired), when I didn't have all the worries I carry now.

I'm told to NOT do anything about a problem "by a mysterious caller". This is society telling me that you should never do anything. I reject this outright and throw the money away without a second thought because I'm not a sell out, and I'm one of the very rare people who does not care about money at all. I want to do something about the problem very strongly. This stems from my very real and strong desire to "help the world" by fixing problems.

Then we have some travel anxiety stuff. (Getting lost, having the flight take forever.) This is very par for the course for my dreams. I suffer from travel anxiety in real life, so it shows up constantly in my sleep too. Missing turns, flooded roads, ending up in very bad parts of town that feel very threatening, etc. I've had dreams where I'm driving on the freeway and it's unfinished and I have to do jumps off ramps.

The bar scene where the guy melts... not sure about that one. It might be my desire to not ask for help and get "entangled" with other people, because I feel it makes a giant mess and I'd just have been better off on my own. I have a very strong "self-reliance" streak I got from my dad. On the other hand, not everything in a dream means something, so this may have just been an excuse for my brain to model a drunk guy in a bar melting into goo in front of me.

Climbing the building with my grappling hook and being seen is pretty much just privacy concerns. Doing good in this world is now subject to punishment, so it must be done anonymously.

The girl by the waterfall makes me sad. She represents happiness and fulfillment. I reject her because I prefer to solve problems.

The whole video-game like stealth sequence amid the air conditioners and the guard searching for me is just a representation of how much work and time you have to put into a task to achieve a goal. I skipped over it in my recounting, but this sequence actually took up a good 40% of the runtime of the dream. It just wasn't interesting to talk about.

Seeing Very Orange Man and his pool, and my jealousy about his very nice pool, is just regular human shit. I'm envious of his life, his riches. He shouldn't have them because he's evil, and I want them for myself. Shooting him and him falling into the pool (staining it with his blood) is a pretty on-the-nose representation of ruining what he has while also taking his life. It's pretty simple petty anger and doesn't really fit in with my noble "solving problems to improve the world" gag, but I am a petty human after all.

Now, I know that in real life actually assassinating Very Orange Man would create just as many (if not more) problems than it solves. That's not really important to my dream logic, though. He just represents to me what is Wrong (tm) with the world.

Of course, killing him sets off the alarm. I was even warned about this advance (Don't touch the bells) but despite no bells even appearing in my dream, I set them off anyway. This is just "your actions have consequences to yourself" writ as alarmingly as possible.

Of course, as I escape I am immediately told I didn't do enough. "Did you kill Cersei too?" Again, it doesn't matter that Cersei is fictional. She is cut from the exact same cloth as Very Orange Man, a tyrant who is a lot dumber than they think. These very self-centered ruling idiots are ruining the lives of the common people for their own benefit. they cause mass suffering and death. My brain wants them dead not because I'm vindictive or angry (though I am) but because they are the Problem that needs to be Solved. Or at least an overly simplistic representation of it.

My going to Maui instead of back home is probably a realization that once you go down the path of helping the world and solving problems, you have burned that bridge. You can't "go home" back to your regular life. From now on, your life is on the run.

Then we have more travel anxiety in the sky. Yay. Then we have more travel anxiety in my old broken down truck. Yay.

The JC Penney scene is just funny. It might represent my own ability to solve problems with creative solutions. Thanks for sucking your own dick, brain.

The last thing I want to comment on is my friend asking to "go to the beach." This is probably just my subconscious directly beseeching me to go to the one place I have found in recent times where I feel happy. Remember, you and your shadow mind are the same. When you're unhappy, it's unhappy. It wants to be happy, so it inserted itself through my friend and just straight out asked me to drop all this nonsense and go to where we can both feel at peace.

But it also them repeats the question if I "got Cersei too." Remember, we're the same. It also wants to solve problems. When I tell it that "I was fucking busy solving another problem, get off my back" it bemoans that now more people will die.

This is pretty directly just "oh, you think solving one problem will help? There's always another problem." It's sort of a "your efforts are ultimately futile" jab. You can solve as many problems as you want, kill as many horrible dictators as you want, and there's always another waiting.

Oh, and uh, the Air Bud stuff was just me being me.

I've been told a lot that I "look too deeply" into my own dreams. I don't agree. Again, I 100% believe that dreams are a way your shadow/subconscious mind talks to you. Dreams don't reveal THE FUTURE or any of that garbage, but they can offer you insight into who you are as a person.
ImageImageImage

nosimpleway

Postby nosimpleway » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm

I've never watched Poltergeist, the 1986 film, but I have very vague memories of getting up from bed and walking into the room where my family was watching it and seeing some guy hork up a giant worm. I could not tell you anything else about the film other than 'guy vomits worm'.

So it's weird that I got to reenact the worm-horking scene last night as I slept.

Yoji

Postby Yoji » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:06 pm

In the middle of the usual confusing anxiety stuff, I saw my wife had bought me a Virtual-On console for Valentine's Day. Some goofy desktop version, but it had the dual control sticks and everything. Never got around to it before I had to check some refrigerated cabinets for work, but I was still delighted.

Büge

Postby Büge » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:40 am

chased by alligators

Silversong

Postby Silversong » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Had a dream that was a musical duet number. Woke up with part of the song still in my head, with no idea where my brain got it from. Please help.